Venom 400 Control Module

jester8170

I have a 1993 Ford Thunderbird LX, 3.8L V6... shes in getting head gaskets right now (surprise). Anyways, I am new to tuning and wondering if anyone has heard of or has used the Venom 400 control module. I found one on eBay for a fairly cheap price and claims to give a 25% HP boost. The price is $326 and while this sounds so good, I am wondering if its too good to be true. Also on the 4 code 3.8 I am wondering if anyone knows of any performance mods that are really worth thier price. i am already planning on getting a K&N cold air intake and new cap, wires, rotor, coil from Accel. I also must admit that this is my first Ford. I've been a GM fan for years, so 10 days into ownership doing head gaskets, a little scary but I understand this is basically a known defect. Any help on this baby bird would be appreciated.

Ls1z28-00

Established Member
That would be 326 dollars wasted chips dont work man. put a 302 in the car if you want to go fast end of story.

jester8170

Yeah I started doing a lot of research on it and really all it is doing is making the car think it's at 50% throttle when its only at 25% throttle. Thier HP gain is actually nonexistent. It shifts the power band down so you may have a 25% HP increase at 25% throttle but thats because the car is reading that its at 50% throttle. So its just extending your throttle range but that only goes so far. From what I can tell is it would be good for a neat light on the dashboard but thats pretty much it. The past few nights I did a lot of research and was actually going to update today. Not a great product and from all accounts I can find from unbiast seasoned tuners is that if you put on a bunch of other performance enhancers you may see an overall HP gain of 10-15%, if you are lucky. Now to entertain the thought of a supercharger LOL.

Last edited:

davis97xr7

Established Member
That would be 326 dollars wasted chips dont work man. put a 302 in the car if you want to go fast end of story.

he's right. the n/a 3.8 involves way too much money and effort to make it fast. find a 91-93 5.0 T-Bird/Cougar and swap the compenents over. or sell the car you have now and start with a V8.

Users who are viewing this thread