Vehicles you owned or drove that pleasantly surprised you...

Never_Enough

Established Member
1980 K5 Blazer - my first vehicle. Still miss it to this day for no particular reason. Just wish I still owned it.

2006 MazdaSpeed 6 - fantastic car in the snow. Well balanced. Easy to mod.

2006 Trailblazer SS RWD - full bolt ons and a tune. Ran well. Horrible mileage but surprised many people with how quick she was.

2013 Infiniti M37X - my current DD. Great for and finish. Quick, especially in Sport mode and an absolute BEAST in the snow.
Buy my Speed6. ;)

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Just rented an Avalon last week. Was impressed. Really liked the radar cruise and lane assistance. Not a big fan of Toyota's infotainment stuff, but it works. Ride was comfortable and the engine had decent amount of power. Fit and finish was nice. Overall, I'd be happy to rent one again.

TaraFirma

Established Member
Wife currently has a 17 Nissan Maxima as a rental from getting rear ended. It’s the platinum edition. Very nice. Told my wife if she wanted to trade her fusion in on one we could go whenever she wanted to.

Recon

Established Member
91 300ZX. Power was decent for a N/A V6, which it was the TT mode, but it handled very well. It was the first car I tried heel toe-ing and I didn’t pretty decent. One of the few JDM cars I wouldn’t mind owing.

Pick your poison.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Suprisingly enough two cars that I liked were not performance cars. Don't get me wrong, I love my Mustangs through the years, but these two were just totally different.
First was my 82 ElDorado. Slow as hell, handled like a river barge, screamed trailer-park wannabe from every angle. But it was such a cruiser, and made you want to stick a flag through the sunroof and yell "Murica" at the top of your lungs.
Second was my 94 Town Car. Quite, smooth, like driving your couch down the highway. Loved that thing on the long trips I was doing at the time.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I've owned a lot of cars over the years but I think my favorite was my 1997 Eclipse Turbo which I bought mainly because I had a 150 mile commute every day and my fox body GT wasn't cutting it. This was before the fast and furious days and when imports weren't really a thing yet. I think I enjoyed it simply because no one expected it to be anywhere near as fast as it was. The only mods I had was an upgraded turbo, downpipe and injectors and it would beat my friends sn95 cobras and stock(ish) ls1s.

Those Talons/Eclipse were nice cars for sure. I believe they has that Tsi tag to them.

Dusten

Established Member
My 2013 audi s4. I knew it'd be a good car, but its my favorite car I've ever owned.

The ride, interior, and driving experience were all top notch

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
great thread, thinking about cars that I enjoyed brings back good memories.

84 dodge short van with 318 and stick. hauled ass and would vaporize the tires at will.

80s econoline with 300 6 and 4 speed. indestructible and went surprisingly fast. deadly in the winter though.

every Subaru I have ever owned.

every 4 runner I have ever owned.

king of all was an 89 5.0 I had in college.

Jaysin

Established Member
I really enjoyed my NSRT4 I owned for 5 years. Cheap to mod, sounded good for what it was. Sure it had a subpar and cheap interior, and it was fwd, and most of the owners are teens who don’t take care of them (especially nowadays). But the car was just fun to drive for what it was, I drove mine hard and any issue I ever had with it came from my own stupidity.

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
93 wrangler. Still miss that car. Just the right amount of basic no frills to make it simply perfect. Slow as balls, hard on the back but one of the greatest driving expereinces. Had a simple 2” shackle lift and 31’s to be fun.

VenomVeins

Established Member
Had to bump this because i took my buddy’s AP2 S2000 for a spin and DAMN!

Such a fun car. I was shocked at how that tiny engine came alive from 4K rpm and above.

I’ve driven a miata and this was twice as much fun and just as much of a corner carving scalpel.

Best shift action in the business too-just crisp and buttery with a slight bit of weight behind it.

Im actually considering one now.

Rambro

Established Member
My 95 Z28 A4. Bought it back around 01, super clean, low miles and stock besides a weld in flowmaster and eibach sportlines. I only added an off road y pipe an cai so it probably was a low 14 second car but it never gave me any problems and was nice to daily imo. I honestly prefer the 93-97 camaro looks wise over the LS era.

MFE

Established Member
I had so much fun driving a rental base-model Cobalt years ago that an old man actually shaked his fist at me LOL

ViciousJay

Established Member
I'll have to say when I bought and modded my 2011 GT. The coyote motor was a blast to rev, on top of that the ghost tune.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Had to bump this because i took my buddy’s AP2 S2000 for a spin and DAMN!

Such a fun car. I was shocked at how that tiny engine came alive from 4K rpm and above.

I’ve driven a miata and this was twice as much fun and just as much of a corner carving scalpel.

Best shift action in the business too-just crisp and buttery with a slight bit of weight behind it.

Im actually considering one now.
You'll enjoy it even more when you blast up Palomar Mountain or head out to Julian on the 76. :D

VenomVeins

Established Member
You'll enjoy it even more when you blast up Palomar Mountain or head out to Julian on the 76. :D
Ha! I already threw him a text to take it for another spin this weekend. Those are both great places to flex the S2k!

I never really gave it a second look because of my weight and height (6’3” and 225) and me looking like im in a damn clown car due to it, but man, it was a fun sled to blast around corners in.

Last edited:

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
My first auto, the 6R80, 2012 5.0 that I've owned for over 5 years now. Pleasantly surprised in how much fun it is. I was a die hard stick guy in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread