Vehicles you owned or drove that pleasantly surprised you...

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Drove a new Loaded Chevy Tahoe as a rental for a long trip, and was impressed with both mountain driving and fuel mileage. I wish Ford had a comprable with everything that ride offered.
View attachment 1488552

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think I’m gonna try and the the dishwasher into a Yukon because she would never drive a pick up.

RockStarKick

Established Member
IMG_2110.JPG
06 Lexus IS350... 306 HP / 277 Ftlb.. RWD Super reliable, good looking, mine is a sport pkg car and it handles really well. The car has really turned me into a Lexus fan, it just does everything good.

Last edited:

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
1998 Buick pahk Avenue.

I loved that car. I could sleep with girls in the back seat no problem and the air suspension felt like I was floating down the highway.
Best part was driving around Brockton and getting in accidents with all the illegals. Good times brah.

But I snapped the #2 connecting rod and refused to pull over. I drove all the way from the north end to Brockton like that and that was all she wrote.:(

I want to get another Brockton beatah so I can start playin bumpah cahs again. I miss those days. I’ll take any big American boat.

View attachment 1488496View attachment 1488497View attachment 1488498View attachment 1488499
5mz6uv.jpg

That's the odometer in my 98 LeSabre. I drove it for another 10K miles before selling it for $250. And just like yer Pahk Avenue, it was great for playing bumpah cahs. I collected on 3 different times I got hit in that car...made enough to pay for my Panther.

My 03 6.0 Excursion Limited has been my most pleasant surprise. It still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I had a 2001 Monte Carlo SS. Loved that car. Smooth driving and it drove awesome. Was just way under-powered unfortunately.
Also, my'99 Hugger Orange SS, which I traded in for the Roush. Great car and was a blast to drive. Was pretty quick for the time as well.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Viper. Never had a more enjoyable drive. Car was nasty and tight like a new hooker. Everyone looked and pointed at it. How it must feel to drive a Ferrari with all the ogling.

Vipers may not be practical but it is an awesome machine to experience!

Twisted2v

Established Member
My 427R. Drove it for the first time and instantly fell in love with it.
My Slantnose. Haven’t been in a car yet that scares me like that car does.
08 BMW M6. I’m a sucker for a V10, and that car really appealed to me after driving it. Maintenance costs killed it though.
My Buddy’s 04 GT. Basic bolt ons, nothing too extreme, but the sound that car made alone made me want the car, to this day.
90 ZR1. That thing has incredible performance for 1990, and it really impressed me when I got in it.
94 Viper. Again V10. Loved the no assistance just you and the car.
69 Z/28 RS. Had a built 383 and man it was a wicked car. The torque that car made was unreal for the size of an N/A engine.
There’s more that I’m forgetting but I can’t think of them right now.

Pick your poison.

What are some typical maintenance costs or yearly estimates for the M6? I really like the v10 m6, haven't driven one though.

RSbeast

Established Member
NB/NC miatas (modded for autox).
Saw them for years at the events, finally co-drove a fairly basic C-street prepared NB and wow!

Let's put it in terms of national event times, both pro-level drivers:
- 'super street' class, 2014 Porsche GT3: 114.2 seconds (1st place in superstreet)
- 'csp' class, 1999 miata : 106.3 seconds (1st place in csp)

This. A C-street NB Miata is my current summer daily.

I used to poke fun at Miatas all the time, wrote them off etc. I finally decided to buy a cheap NA as I missed having a roadster while owning my blown 3v GT.

Needless to say I feel in love. Definitely the most pleasant surprise to me car wise. I’ve had lots of fast, fun vehicles; but nothing yet has beaten the playful character of the Miata. It was stock aside from a set of used KYB GR2 shocks.

Sold, along with my 02 WS6 (don’t meet your heroes) to buy a vette.

C5 z51 is probably a close second for pleasantly surprised. I have a mile long list of GM cheapshit based complaints, but man is it fun to drive, However it’s sat and is still sitting as I’d rather bomb around in my NB Miata.

You just flog them relentlessly and they just hang on. The harder you drive it into a turn, the more fun it is and the lack of power becomes distant. It’s extremely hard to match their entry speed, and that’s where the biggest rush is. Go kart feels and open air are just bigger perks.

If it had a power adder I’d probably ever get out of it.

Recon

Established Member
What are some typical maintenance costs or yearly estimates for the M6? I really like the v10 m6, haven't driven one though.

$400 Battery
$150 oil only, my cost.
Then other needed repairs were above average than our typical European car repair bill.
If I had to guess it would be over 6k a year to keep it running, excluding normal wear items/parts.

Pick your poison.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
View attachment 1488570

That's the odometer in my 98 LeSabre. I drove it for another 10K miles before selling it for $250. And just like yer Pahk Avenue, it was great for playing bumpah cahs. I collected on 3 different times I got hit in that car...made enough to pay for my Panther.

My 03 6.0 Excursion Limited has been my most pleasant surprise. It still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.
Bumpah cahs is such an underrated activity. I truly miss it.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
My dads 2007 and 2010 SilverAdo Z71 extended cab. Smooth, quiet, rode well, felt tough, plenty of power, just felt good to drive. What a truck should be

bigmoose

Established Member
I have to admit that my '12 Mini Cooper S coupe was a pleasant surprise (as in, a lot of fun to drive) for the first 2 years or so, but then my interest just dropped and I got rid of it. I really didn't think I'd like it as much as I did. Quality was excellent. Ride was excellent. Performance (with a tune) was very good.
My 04 mini Cooper S was the most fun car I've had to drive. I only got rid of it because it was also the worst POS I've ever had. Everything was falling apart at 60k miles.

I recently got upgraded to a Ford Flex limited for my last rental. I was very surprised how nice it is.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
2008 Chevy Cobalt SS - 260hp/260wtq and weighed 2960lbs. It went 13.5 at 104mph stock and 13.1 at 112mph with bolt-ons. With the bolt-ons it made 318whp/389wtq and would melt the tires from a 40mph roll.

It was an awesome daily driver that would knock down 32-33mpg on the highway.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
My 04 mini Cooper S was the most fun car I've had to drive. I only got rid of it because it was also the worst POS I've ever had. Everything was falling apart at 60k miles.

I recently got upgraded to a Ford Flex limited for my last rental. I was very surprised how nice it is.

2008 Chevy Cobalt SS - 260hp/260wtq and weighed 2960lbs. It went 13.5 at 104mph stock and 13.1 at 112mph with bolt-ons. With the bolt-ons it made 318whp/389wtq and would melt the tires from a 40mph roll.

It was an awesome daily driver that would knock down 32-33mpg on the highway.

both of these are very fun cars, a buddy I used to work with had a cobalt ss as a beater and another had a full bolton Mini Cooper s, tuned etc. I really enjoyed the mini, car was on rails!

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
06 Ford Fusion. Had a ton of room, plenty of power and only had a ball joint fail at 144,000 miles. It was the most trouble free vehicle I have ever owned. It pulled down like 24mpg and it was simply just a good car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MG01GT

Established Member
My wifeys 2014 BMW 328i with the M package is honestly been the most balanced and fun car, while still keeping all the creature comforts. Putting it in sport mode really wakes it up. I've been curious about some basic bolt ones but she isnt having it lol. After that it would be my 04 Lightning.... I've owned a ton of mustang's and ect but this thing takes the cake.
f3fea17e1662294ef49b367d5e056ddc.jpg
8eaa2d546fcfac601c067ed3c82058a5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Never_Enough

Established Member
My C6Z was my favorite out of everything I have owned so far. Sometimes I still miss my 97 Cobra Vert & 93 GT.

Enjoyed my 1st Mazdaspeed6, that I should have kept, so much that I bought the current one in 2013 & this is the longest I have ever had any car by far, but it's time to move on. Bought the 1st new in 2007 when I was actually in the market for a TL to use as a DD. I stopped to test drive a used MS6 on a whim & fell in love.

I'm on my 3rd Miata so I must really like them too. This time I was able to find one already blown with the rest of the performance stuff already done for me. I simply upgraded the appearance & stereo. You cannot beat a cheap to own & work on street legal go kart. Bonus, also super easy to wrench on.

Out of cars I have driven, definitely the C7Z is up there for fun factor. Also enjoyed the Gen2 CTS-Vs I drove. So much better than Gen1. Back in the day, I had a Z4 for a day & almost bought the damn thing.

Dated a chick with a late model Mini Cooper. That was actually pretty fun to drive. I'm sure I'm missing a lot of fun cars.

My old 95 Z28 was super fun to own & I surely got my money's worth out of it. Oh to be young again! I also found 2 of my best friends in the world thanks to that car. Bought it at 42k miles & sold it at 94k.

Users who are viewing this thread