vBulletin 4.2.3 Upgrade Thread

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator
Don't know if its only me, but in threads with multiple pages the browser only allows one back button click. Example im on page 3 hit the back button all I can get to is page 2.

Not sure I understand.. the browser only takes you back based on your browser history. So if you enter a thread on page two, that's as far back as it will take you.

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member
I've had a "back button" problem for the last couple of weeks - one of your partners is slipping a URL into the stack so that if I go from a forum list page to a thread, I get an ad URL in between. The back button only takes me back one step to the ad URL which then pushes me forward to the page I'm trying to leave. In appearance, the back button stops working. I can only go back if I click and hold the back button and go back more than one link.

I'm using IE10 on Win 8.1 on a MS Surface Pro 3. Same problem on other Win 8.1 platforms though.

RSKtakR

Established Member
For some reason the back button doesn't work often now. I have run into this issue with my work PC and my laptop at home, two different locations, two different IP addresses (if that matters).

ben_gone

Jigsaw
Established Member
It runs very slow now. log in freezes up. flash player autoloads with svtp..with the task manager open I just end the flash player task and the page unfreezes.

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator
It runs very slow now. log in freezes up. flash player autoloads with svtp..with the task manager open I just end the flash player task and the page unfreezes.

Flash player loading is nothing new, it loads with some display ads and with youtube video embeds.

As for speed I checked the three days pior and the three days after the updgrade and the speed is identical, according to Google analytics and Pingdom

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
On top of the preexisting IE problems, now there's pop up ads for progressive car insurance and gerber baby food....

flash0080

Established Member
What browser? In Chrome, FF and IE10 I can select page 2, 3, 4 and 5 and with the back button hit each page (4, 3, 2, 1). Wife's on the Mac so I can't test Safari.

IE10

Not sure I understand.. the browser only takes you back based on your browser history. So if you enter a thread on page two, that's as far back as it will take you.

Starting on page 1. I can read all the way to page 5 try and hit the back button it goes back to page 4 then the back button goes blank.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
the new "my threads" section is making me wait 60 b/w uses even though i have a premium membership

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Website is crashing both firefox and chrome with the most up to date versions of each on PC IF i have more than one tab open for SVTP. Single tab it works great. 2 tabs it 50/50 if I don't click on anything and then close 2nd tab thereafter, and anything 3 and over is a guaranteed crash. After 40 seconds of running Firefox was pulling 370k memory and flash was almost 650K. As soon as SVTP closes memory usage drops and browser performance goes back to normal on any other vBulletin board and other websites

Last edited:

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I'm using a kindle hd tablet, Android os, newest updates,
Site runs slow, pop up adds that range from flow ( progressive ) to flow ( wife's issues ) .
Only site that has said issues.

Tired of that crap fast.

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator
Website is crashing both firefox and chrome with the most up to date versions of each on PC IF i have more than one tab open for SVTP. Single tab it works great. 2 tabs it 50/50 if I don't click on anything and then close 2nd tab thereafter, and anything 3 and over is a guaranteed crash. After 40 seconds of running Firefox was pulling 370k memory and flash was almost 650K. As soon as SVTP closes memory usage drops and browser performance goes back to normal on any other vBulletin board and other websites

650K of memory is a lot?
s59FftZ.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread