vBulletin 4.2.3 Upgrade Thread

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator
With the recent upgrade, there are bound to be issues and/or features that aren't working like they were before the upgrade.

Please post them here, so that I can address them.

svtvibora

Established Member
What I've seen is my Chrome browser continuously refreshes and makes my CPU fan kick on. Although I can read posts, it annoying. Keeps saying "Waiting for pixel".
I only know this because it only happens at this forum.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator
What I've seen is my Chrome browser continuously refreshes and makes my CPU fan kick on. Although I can read posts, it annoying. Keeps saying "Waiting for pixel".
I only know this because it only happens at this forum.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

It's unrelated to the upgrade. it sounds like one of the display ad partner's pixel is not loading for some reason. does it mention the url or domain?

Established Member
Are you having any issues with PM's? I have emailed 2 different admins about setting up a paid vendor account and i havent heard anything all week. Any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited:

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator
Are you having any issues with PM's? I have emailed 2 different admins about setting up a paid vendor account and i havent heard anything all week. Any ideas?

Thanks

not sure who you PM'd, but try clicking in the top right of the side bar:
M1mC1QH.png

blackedout06

Established Member
I now can no longer see pictures on my iPhone when using safari to look at the forum. I've never had an issue until today and it happens regardless if I'm on wifi or LTE.

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator
I now can no longer see pictures on my iPhone when using safari to look at the forum. I've never had an issue until today and it happens regardless if I'm on wifi or LTE.

That's weird, I'm not having that issue on my iPhone 4s or my Nexus 5 Android. is it a specific thread? can you take a screen shot?

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Anyone experiencing trouble, try clearing your cookies and cache on your browser and/or mobile device and try again.

blackedout06

Established Member
That's weird, I'm not having that issue on my iPhone 4s or my Nexus 5 Android. is it a specific thread? can you take a screen shot?
I was able to see pictures on one for sale thread, but in the pics and videos buffet nothing shows...here is an example.
16986502539_fb348d7fd0_z.jpg

Last edited:

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I was able to see pictures on one for sale thread, but in the pics and videos buffet nothing shows...here is an example.

On my iPhone 6 with v8.3 in Safari, I am able to see pictures of that thread in both mobile view and desktop view. Try clearing your cache and check again.

*Clear cache/cookies on iPhone by: Select "Settings">Select "Safari">Select "Clear History and Website Data">Select "Clear History and Data" and then open Safari and try again.

Edit: I personally like the mobile view of this site better on m iPhone than the desktop view.

svtvibora

Established Member
Cleared cookies and no good.
I see in the lower left of the browser in the status bar, a couple of websites trying to load.
doubleclick.net
ads.
burstnet
c.betrad.com

blackedout06

Established Member
On my iPhone 6 with v8.3 in Safari, I am able to see pictures of that thread in both mobile view and desktop view. Try clearing your cache and check again.

*Clear cache/cookies on iPhone by: Select "Settings">Select "Safari">Select "Clear History and Website Data">Select "Clear History and Data" and then open Safari and try again.

Edit: I personally like the mobile view of this site better on m iPhone than the desktop view.
its working now, thanks!

Last edited:

Softballer77

Established Member
I'm running safari on yosemite 10.10.2 and the screen keeps flashing white for a fraction of a second, then back to the normal page. Never did that this morning before the upgrade.

mnewxcv

Established Member
at the top of the page, the new message that links to this thread also mentions the addition of a "my threads" link that "takes you to the last 100 threads you've posted in", however its actually the latest threads Ive started, not just posted in.

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator
at the top of the page, the new message that links to this thread also mentions the addition of a "my threads" link that "takes you to the last 100 threads you've posted in", however its actually the latest threads Ive started, not just posted in.

Thanks for catching that!

I missed a param in the query string, should be fixed now.

flash0080

Established Member
Don't know if its only me, but in threads with multiple pages the browser only allows one back button click. Example im on page 3 hit the back button all I can get to is page 2.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Don't know if its only me, but in threads with multiple pages the browser only allows one back button click. Example im on page 3 hit the back button all I can get to is page 2.

What browser? In Chrome, FF and IE10 I can select page 2, 3, 4 and 5 and with the back button hit each page (4, 3, 2, 1). Wife's on the Mac so I can't test Safari.

Users who are viewing this thread