Vaughn Gittin Jr. Wins Long Beach

SVThopeful

SVT Poster
Established Member
Vaughn went out to Long Beach “Ready to Rock".

After earning a third place qualifying position, he moved past the first and second rounds of elimination. In the third round, Vaughn went up against his Drift Alliance teammate, Ryan Tuerck in his Pontiac Solstice. Vaughn beat Tureck, earning a place in the finals.

In the first round of the finals, Vaughn went up against Fredric Aasbo who was on fire all weekend, but was no match for Vaughn and the Monster Energy Drink/Falken Tire 2011 Mustang GT. Vaughn got past Aasbo, getting a spot in the final round against Formula Drift Champion, Rhys Millen. After two very exciting runs, Vaughn beat Rhys. This is Vaughn’s second Formula Drift win.

IMG_0408.gif

IMG_0490.gif

IMG_0483.gif

IMG_0383.gif

JR2.gif

JR1.gif

IMG_0538.gif

IMG_0542.gif

Fellow Mustang driver and Drift Alliance teammate, Justin Pawlak also had a good weekend in his 2011 Mustang GT, qualifying 9th out of over 50 drivers.

IMG_0475.gif

IMG_0474.gif

img_6841.gif

img_6743.gif

Last edited:

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Nice pictures!

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel that "Drifting" is the automotive equivalent of "Synchronized Swimming"?

U.M.

Z28

Established Member
Do those have a stock block whippled 5.0 or do they still have the "aluminator" like last years drift car?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Bummed that I missed out on Round 1, I never do. Glad to see JR took the Win with a new Car and Sponsor.

I miss the Team Falken colors on his 2011 however. :burnout:

SVThopeful

SVT Poster
Established Member
Bummed that I missed out on Round 1, I never do. Glad to see JR took the Win with a new Car and Sponsor.

I miss the Team Falken colors on his 2011 however. :burnout:

It was a great event, one of the better ones I remember. Not only did JR win, but they had over 50 cars entered and it was great seeing 3 Mustangs, a Challenger, and a Camaro out there competing.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Some great looking cars there, and congrats to Vaughn. Man do I miss Long Beach. :-(

AssassinoGrigio

Established Member
I was there, it was my first drift event, and I have to say I was impressed... lots of muscle there to keep me from falling asleep (camaro, mustang, corvette, challenger, etc)

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Yea I gained alot of respect seeing it in person, actually seen it in LB myself and the drivers are super cool. Anyone on the team with talk to ya and dont try to blow a bunch of smoke!

SVThopeful

SVT Poster
Established Member
Here's a video

[ame=http://vimeo.com/10931502]Vaughn Gittin Jr: Monster’s Street Fighting Man on Vimeo[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread