vandelized, then ripped off the front end

SVT 03 Cobra

well like it says it has been a very bad weekend... friday my wife brings the car home from work, and both rear fenders have been scratched, and the SVT emblem on the rear pried off, leaving 3 chips. Needless to say I was upset. Saturday, I had a guy run a stop sign and when I veered to avoid him (while on the gas hard to get out of the way) the back end went onto the shoulder, and the resulting 1/2 spin put my front end into a trailer loaded with a small escavator. The front bumber came completely off, along with a headlight, and part of the grill, also the driverside fender is bent way down :??: My poor heart is broken..... pics will follow in the morning.

*edit* See pics below

I hope everyone else had a good holiday!

Jayson

Last edited by a moderator:

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Someone backed into mine while it was parked today. I watched the moron do it.

I kept thinking to myself "Surely he sees my car there".

Nope. Crunch.

Yours is worse though. I know a little of what you are feeling. Not such a great Easter. :(

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. At least it can be fixed.

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
I guess i can stop b#@!&ing about it raining here all weekend. hopefully your new paint will be better than the thin factory job.

wuplash

Established Member
a bunch of us went to the track at bg and someone else was having a bad holiday wknd as the person hit the wall hard in a 2nd gen lightning and the front bumper assembly was hanging down almost touching the ground.i did not talk to the owner but it looked like it was flatbed time getting it home:eek:

Got-Cobra?

Established Member
That sucks! Seems like a lot of bad misfortune this weekend.

Mine almost got backed into Saturday while I was getting gas. Something about the Dark Shadow Gray, I guess. If they can't beat it, they'll kill it!

Best of luck with the repairs.

Josh

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
My heart goes out to you guys with all the misfortune this weekend. I guess it's a good thing I didn't take mine out of the garage all weekend. Good luck on your repairs, she'll be up n runnin before too long.

cwa175

Established Member
Sorry to hear that, that really sucks. It must have been something in the stars because a had a truck drop a five gallon bucket of grey paint in front of me on Saturday. I tried to get it off but it was just to much. I taking it to get detailed tomorrow. Hope everything turns out for the best.

KOTH

Hang loose - travel light
Established Member
All you all with the incidents - best wishes with repairs etc. Glad you are all OK though.

ssssnake

Established Member
Sorry to hear that Jayson and Sly. That totally ruins a nice weekend. I just don't understand why people have to destory something nice. We got "lightly" keyed a couple of months ago staying at a hotel in Houston. Rear quarter panel and taillight lens. Sly, did you pull the person out of the car and beat them? I know that made you sick to watch as they did that.

King03Cobra

Established Member
Mine stayed in the garage and got a wax job. Glad it stayed there, sounds like this was a bad weekend to have it out for whatever reason.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Dang guys...hearing all of this makes me sad. :(
Sounds like everyone is ok which is the most important thing.

Cobra has been parked since Friday. Put it on the dyno and found out it was running dangerously lean.

sbc.cobra

HUWHAT!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by racerat

Cobra has been parked since Friday. Put it on the dyno and found out it was running dangerously lean.

ditto...checked mine last week and found out the same thing...it's getting tuned this morning @ 9:30 am!!!! slapped a 4# lower on there last week b/c i was so pissed off that it was lean. might as well get it all at once.

SVT ROD

Established Member
Sorry to hear that J man...you will have the beast back to specs in no time...hang in there!

Users who are viewing this thread