Valvebodies

kidlightning5

Established Member
Hey guys looking to get a valvebody. In your opinion what is the best you've seen or heard about. I've heard alot of good things about the Punisher what do you guys think. Thanks

jerardogav

Established Member
I have a DMP valve body and I am very satisfied. He builds them to your needs. Just give him a call 619-47448675

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
Oh boy, here we go again lol.

I had a faulty Factory Tech and replaced it with a DMP. My only regret is I didn't tell him to make the shifts harder. I love that thing.

fishingfox

Established Member
I have the FTVB and it has been great. Today if I were in the market, I would probably go for the Punisher. Paul seems very knowledgeable, available to answer questions or fix any problems. JJ's endorsement also is a positive.

slick4_6

Established Member
Havent heard any mention of chickenears FTVB. Has there performance fallen off?

I know a guy with an L with a 6lb lower that just had his first gear come out with a FTVB installed. I don't know if that is what caused it but I would rather have DMP build me one.

fordification

Established Member
I've been reading vb threads for the last couple weeks. think there's been some ftvb failures only because of higher volume. lfp's seem to have the best 1-2 shift.

I'm going with the level 10's from jlp. it's good enough for the race truck, its good enough for me. plus, I'm also going with the drop shackle.

Last edited:

iTz JoHN

Established Member
I not heard really any bad things on a lot of VB's so I think you will be safe with anyone of them. I personally went with DMP because I heard a few people had problems with factory tech.

Fordsvtlightn

2004 Lightning
Established Member
I bought a ftvb 4 years ago when I bought my brand new lightnin now that my waranty is over I have in stalled it few days ago on a truch with 50000 miles. I got less than 10 miles on valve body, what I have notice 1 to 2nd not firm and i only went 1/2 wot throttle. When it shift to 3rd th 4th it make this noise like blow off with a loud sqeek, it werid I'm going video the sound. I'm going to put few more miles on it and see what it does. I'm thinking pulling it out and going with this other valve body ya talking about before I destroy mr transmisssion. I will keep update, so far two bad experinces with ftvb, back in my 94 lightning I installed one in my truck and 2nd to 3rd start slipping, less then two week having it in, that's why I'm being careful this time around with ftvb.

Fordsvtlightn

2004 Lightning
Established Member
Hey give me a link to DMP cause most likey I'm pulling ftvb out before it hurts my transmission. I think this should make your mine up. I never heard dmp give my a link or a number thanks fellow lightning peeps.

Users who are viewing this thread