Vacuum leak symptoms and cruise control engagement

Bandit5.4

Slow driver
Established Member
If i had a vacuum leak, would not the boost gauge read 0 in. Hg at idle? It reads 20 in. Hg now, but Idle seems rough and I'm trying to rule out vac leaks or IAC, which i have not tested yet.

Also, the cruise control seems to be delayed in engaging, like it takes 2-3 full seconds or more before it takes over, which can cause the car to surge back and then has to take a second to find equilibrium at the commanded speed. Could this be another symptom?

Gen 3 VMP TVS w/ GT500 tb, slot style 05+ Ford maf

01yellercobra

Established Member
There was a problem with the older Accufabs and the cruise control. The spot where the cable connected was in the wrong spot. It had to do with the throttle being designed for the GT. But if you popped off the cruise control cable it would sit about an inch away from where it connected to the TB. It caused the same symptoms you're talking about as far as taking a bit to catch and then surging for a bit. The fix was to insert a spacer that moves the arm out into the proper position. It also helps with the throttle pedal feel. But it's something to look at.

Users who are viewing this thread