Vacuum and Ground Issue

cmnorman

Established Member
I just got my terminator friday and the seller told me it had a vacuum leak. I took a quick look and didn't find it but today a vacuum elbow coming from behind the supercharger to the oil catch can had developed a very large sucking hole. I was on my way home from work and all I could get my hands on was some heater hose...is this ok to leave or do i need to find an application specific line?

B54F1EA5-D915-4C85-A72B-DD81CA72EA45.jpg

second issue, seller told me that left headlight was dimmer than the right. I noticed that when I put the headlights on the left blinker indicator came on solid and I knew I had a grounding issue somewhere. While looking at vacuum issues tonight I found this disconnected ground. I am assuming it goes in with the the ground next to it in the photo, sorry if this is a newbie question but I hate dealing with anything electrical.

C4B89BD3-AA29-49B3-9E6F-6E2BD954E0DF.jpg

last question, once I got the vacuum leak fixed I noticed I was getting probably 5-7 psi more boost when I opened it up. Only problem is that when I open it up it blows a vacuum line off a nipple that is just below the supercharger on the passenger side rear. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Looks like someone forgot to put that one ground back. Spin bolt out and add in there. As for hoses blowing off you can use hose clamps as mentioned above but if it's those really tiny hoses a small zip tie pulled down snug with some pliers will do the trick.

cmnorman

Established Member
Ground attached and vacuum line is zip tied in place. I'll take it out later this week or weekend and stretch her legs before she heads to the dyno monday. Thanks guys for chiming in.

MG0h3

Established Member
Might want to run fuel line back there instead of heater hose. Oil will deteriorate a heater hose.

Users who are viewing this thread