**Vaccum canister thingy in the passenger fenderwell?**

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
Ita a black canister with a few vaccum lines coming off of it that bolts onto the apron infront of the antenna wire inside the passenger fender well. Anyone know what its called or have a pn? My fenderwell was loose so i took it off and drove 5 blocks to the local parts store to get a few things to secure it and on the way i must have picked up a nice sized rock or something and it cracked the canister and now have a vaccum leak. My EffinG luck....:fm::nonono:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Vacuum canister for the climate control system. Or what I said in the pm lol.

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
^^^ Thanks Brian like i said in the pm haha. Now i just need a part number, whos going to take their fender off for me? lol

Last edited:

hotcobra03

Established Member
i have an old one..its a vacuum reservoir for the supercharger..its part of the vacuum hose harness...it hangs out on the back of the strut tower....

hotcobra03

Established Member
canister purge valve

this is the other one..has green airvalve hooked to it...vacuum comes from engine vacuum harness..can be pluged,to stop leak till replacement..goodluck

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
pm me your e-mail

I'll send you info I received from another member (TORQJNKY) recently that should help you out.

pretty sure you mean this thing....
main emission vacuum control (9E498).

Last edited:

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
I plugged everything up (vac lines) this morning and no leaks idles fine. Heres pics of the missing link and yes one line goes into a hard line next to the fuel line and runs to the back of the car and the other line ts off and goes to the green cap next to the strut tower

8718766077_ORIG.jpg

8718766247_ORIG.jpg

8718766277_ORIG.jpg

MVD

Established Member
Heres pics of the missing link and yes one line goes into a hard line next to the fuel line and runs to the back of the car and the other line ts off and goes to the green cap next to the strut tower

That is from the fuel vent line, it connects the "charcoal canister" on the driver side rear up to the vacuum fitting on the side of the plenum. It sucks fuel vapors from the tank into the intake so they do not vent into the atmosphere.

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
So it basically does nothing if you arent worried about emissions check?

my car runs fine w/o it but throws 2-3 codes. If you were to remove it and cap the vaccum ports however your tune could be off since the tune is expecting to have that air coming in from the fuel tank. Or is that unmetered air since it's after the MAF ?

Sharkster

Established Member
I just changed that line out the other day thinking it might be contributing to a vacuum leak. It was looking worse than the one in the photo.
I think I used 30R7 fuel rated line, same diameter. Took it off the back of the Whipple and pulled the fitting from the canister in the fenderwell. Cut the old fitting from the snap lock and zip tied it to the new fitting. Mine had 3 splice points in it. Screw that.... straight shot to the blower now.

Users who are viewing this thread