vacation...any tips?

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
First time on a 'real' vacation. As in more than a few days off from work. Taking a week off and going to Cabo San Lucas......(courtesy of my GF :)).

This is my first time to 'real' mexico (not counting central CA). Any pointers or places I should cehck out? My GF pretty much plans on sun bathing by the pool and going to restaurants and shopping. We will be going with her best friend and her husband.

SO, anyone ever gone that can give me some places to check out.

DOn't worry I know not to drink the water. ANd yes, part of this thread was to poitn out that I get to go to CSL......cause I'm ****IN' STOKED!!!>..:rockon::rockon::rockon::beer::beer: :lol::dancenana::dancenana::dancenana::banana: :banana:

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
never been to Cali or anywhere that far west. Does your g/f mtn bike? If so northern cali & oregon have some hellacious good mtn bike trails.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Mike what's up, should be fun. I have never been but my brother went a couple years ago, and I have cousins that go yearly. I'll ask my brother if he know's of any good spots to check out. Lol, if he remembers, since they didn't drink the water, they were always drunk :D

16kOrBust

Established Member
Never been! When are you going? That sounds like a kickass trip!

PS - pics of your GF sunbathing or the whole trip never happened!

Last edited:

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
Congrats Mike, have fun on your vacation.
It's Mexico, stay at least half drunk otherwise you will stick out like a sore thumb.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Well to his defense, maybe the OP should have titled the thread "Going to Cabo San Lucas...any tips?"
Fair enough. You're right.
Mike what's up, should be fun. I have never been but my brother went a couple years ago, and I have cousins that go yearly. I'll ask my brother if he know's of any good spots to check out. Lol, if he remembers, since they didn't drink the water, they were always drunk :D
THanks Pete. I appreciate it. I don't plan on being drunk ALL the time, but a fair amount. LOL

Swine Flu, have fun. All inclusive resort? Nice of her to pay for a trip.
Actually it is a resort. My GF's Best friend has a time share there. I'm not worried about the swine flu.

Never been! When are you going? That sounds like a kickass trip!

PS - pics of your GF sunbathing or the whole trip never happened!
We are leaving Friday teh 9th and coming back the 16th.

Hmmm...yeah, IDK about the 'sunbathing'. LOL. Pics will definitely be posted when we get back though.

Congrats Mike, have fun on your vacation.
It's Mexico, stay at least half drunk otherwise you will stick out like a sore thumb.
Thanks Matt. I'll stick out no matter what. I just have that personality. ROFL. Actually, they typically lounge around the resort and walk the beach most of the time. I posted here in case any one had any suggests to go sight seeing or restaurants, etc. :)

Hahaha, you are definitely barking up the wrong tree!

Never been to Cabo, my family went like 5 years ago and didn't even leave their resort! Have fun!

Yep...the resort is NICE. I'll see if I can post up a picture. wrong tree...IDK, we'll see. It'll be interesting since we will be drinking.:lol::lol1::beer:

EDIT: here's the website.

http://www.westinloscabos.com/

Last edited:

Hotrod-Realtor

I went to Cabo a couple of years ago. Two of the most fun things we did was to go whale watching and four wheeling.
Whale watching is seasonal so check the internet for the best dates. We went on a 20 foot Zodiak type boat and chased whales around the ocean. Once the captain saw a water spout, he would race over to check it out and follow it. We drove right over top of a 50 foot whale that was submerging. It was quite awesome.
We also rented a Jeep and just took off in the countryside. There are lots of places to go along with out on the beach. Be safe and have fun.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Hey all......just thought I'd say SEE YA!!...for a week +. I won't be back until the 17th. (leaving tomorrow at 8am PST)

I'll be sure to post up pics when we get back.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Congrats, good luck, and be safe. :beer: and have a few frozen drinks for me.

B-O-B'03

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread