V8 focus find on craigslist

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
Ive seen better ones....if they really put 50 grand into it, it should look better than that. And only 270hp? 04 cobra motor? PASS

mossbergman

Established Member
Ive seen better ones....if they really put 50 grand into it, it should look better than that. And only 270hp? 04 cobra motor? PASS

with the lower compression, thats about what i would expect it to make TBH

Sn95Snake

Established Member
I doubt they put 50 grand into it. But it is a cool build though. I agree with moss, the power is right at where I would expect a n/a cobra engine to be with an 8.5 compression ratio.

Silver03Termi

Established Member
"Compared to pushrods, car is quieter and has better fuel economy (averages about 16 mpg compared to less than 10 mpg with pushrods)."

LOL!!

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
"Very unique custom car, probably less than 10 built in the country!"
there were 2 different kits available(might still be available) to do a V8 swap/RWD conversion on a focus - one for mod motors, the other for SBFs - and i've already seen a couple done that don't include this half assed version. i bet there are more than 10 otherwise those kits wouldn't have been around for years.
it's sad that people have to put such misleading/wrong bullshit in these ads.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I wonder why he didn't just go with a 2001 Cobra motor. Maybe he found a wrecked 2004. Since he didn't use the blower it would have been easier just to drop in the 2001 motor. Unique car, but not something I'd ever buy.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
V8 swap 2002 Ford Focus SVT

A pretty cool svt focus I found on craigslist.

i saw that a couple of weeks ago. he'll probably have to chop the price way down to be able to sell it.

doesnt look bad to me. if it was done at muscle motors than it was probably done right. theyre expensive too. $50k seems high but if he's including the cost of the car (brand new) it might be up there (with all mods/labor included).

Sn95Snake

Established Member
i saw that a couple of weeks ago. he'll probably have to chop the price way down to be able to sell it.

doesnt look bad to me. if it was done at muscle motors than it was probably done right. theyre expensive too. $50k seems high but if he's including the cost of the car (brand new) it might be up there (with all mods/labor included).

Yeah he will probably have to lower the price by quite a bit. I still couldn't see 50k being invested into it.

Users who are viewing this thread