v6 Ecoboost

JasinEdward

Established Member
I don't know about everyone else, but with the eco v6 in the new GT and Raptor I am waiting in anticipation for it to show up in the s550 platform. I currently have a slightly modded 2014 5.0. I think I would trade it in for the eco v6. I see a lot of hate on coyote facebook pages. Do you guys feel the same? Do you think it'll ever happen?

Speed Junky

Established Member
To be honest, I would have went with the 3.5 if they offered it instead of the 2.3. Better weight balance over the 5.0, comparable power and could easily make more power. Just couldn't bring myself to getting a 4 cylinder...

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
To be honest, I would have went with the 3.5 if they offered it instead of the 2.3. Better weight balance over the 5.0, comparable power and could easily make more power. Just couldn't bring myself to getting a 4 cylinder...

I wish they would, but now i feel it needs to be a dual injection setup like the gt. If they do that I am selling the gt500

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The Gen2 3.5L in a Mustang would cannibalize sales of the GT. It will be interesting to see what Ford does with it.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
The Gen2 3.5L in a Mustang would cannibalize sales of the GT. It will be interesting to see what Ford does with it.

Maybe do away with the Coyote and the FPC becomes the only V8 option in the GT along with the TT 3.5EB?

Turbo5.0

Established Member
I'd only consider a V6 Mustang if my outie turned into an innie!

No way would they get rid of that American rumble in an American icon. The next engine should be a FI DI V8!

JasinEdward

Established Member
I had a 2013 v6 for a while and was considering going with twins until all of the builds with stock bottom ends began to pop. Instead I just traded up to the 5.0. That 3.5 is damn impressive though... a tune and minor bolt-ons would hurt some feelings...

Deranged2013

Established Member
The next few years are going to be very interesting. I could see them gradually making some nice upgrades to the GT ie weight savings and maybe DI. They will give us a little at a time to keep us wanting to buy new ones. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a light weight GT500 with a 3.5l eco or a twin 5.0 late 2016.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member

One would think that may be a long term goal with CAFE. I am sure Europeans would prefer the smaller tt motor, and bolt on cars making 500whp would convince plenty of enthusiasts.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
One would think that may be a long term goal with CAFE. I am sure Europeans would prefer the smaller tt motor, and bolt on cars making 500whp would convince plenty of enthusiasts.

The modability of the EcoBoost engines is a big selling point to enthusiasts.

JasinEdward

Established Member
I found this read on a facebook group I'm a part of....

http://horsepowerkings.com/sources-ford-to-discontinue-v8-motors-in-mustang-f150-after-2017/

"Our source later went on to explain that “The rebranding/reshuffling of the Ford Performance Division is all a result of this added EPA pressure. Ford wasn’t going to fund a performance program unless it’s primary focus was on the smaller Ecoboost motors, so SVT and Ford Racing were dissolved into this new Performance Division. And unfortunately, it would be foolish to expect to see any new V8 cars coming out of this new Performance Division. Ford Performance is going to be cranking out some very fast cars for some time, but even if the new Shelby GT500 gets the green light, it will likely be the last gasoline Ford V8 will ever produce.”

Users who are viewing this thread