v-2 SQ Trim Qs for 96 Cobra

SvtKobra96

Vettemeister
Established Member
Hey..Im new here and I have a 96 cobra with soon to be SC'd. Does anyone know what kinda #'s I should be putting down with the v-2 with aftercooler on 10psi. I also have the borla cat-back with mac o/r h-pipe and 4:10's. thanx guys.:beer:

Liv4Spd

Established Member
Originally posted by SvtKobra96
Also, will I be able to take a z06 with that set-up? Thanx again

With a good tune and traction, I don't doubt it :thumbsup:

J's98Snake

Established Member
I made on a Mustang Dyno @ 10 psi 476 rwhp and 424 rwtq. The motor is still a 281 all forged, 9.01:1 compression, P&P heads with stock cams, long tube headers ect... I have a V-1 S-trim w/ aftercooler.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by J's98Snake
I made on a Mustang Dyno @ 10 psi 476 rwhp and 424 rwtq. The motor is still a 281 all forged, 9.01:1 compression, P&P heads with stock cams, long tube headers ect... I have a V-1 S-trim w/ aftercooler.

How exactly does this answer his question? Your mods and his mods are on completely two different levels. Mustang dyno's usually read higher to begin with, get a Dynojet SAE corrected dyno and see what you put down.

96cobratang

Established Member
I have a 96 cobra with a v-1 s-trim non-aftercooled. It's only doing about 8psi. With a custom tune, flowmaster exhaust, and off-road h-pipe I got 420 rwhp.

Poiznus

Super Cool SVT Poster
Established Member
Originally posted by SvtKobra96
by a "good tune" does that mean spending more money than the kit and installation itself? i mean. i was gonna use the FMU that the kit comes with, can i???

Yes, you should either get a company like JMS to send you a chip in the mail that will work for your application. Or get a dyno tune which is the best thing (but cost the most). The chip that comes with the kit is shit.

And yes, you will need to use the FMU. Unless you have a calibrated MAF and some bigger injectors.

Last edited:

J's98Snake

Established Member
Well Booyah-

If you could comprehend plain english you would see how I tried to help this guy out.

My displacment is still stock, I have stock cams, stock intake, the only difference between my engine and a stock one is the 9.05:1 compression, stage II P&P stock heads and forged internals. This guy asked what his HP would be at 10 psi, well I posted my HP at 10 psi. Now for the big one...get a clue, Mustang Dyno's read a lower # than a dynojet, not higher. I'm probably making an easy 500 rwhp on a dynojet. I probably picked up a clean 30-40 rwhp with the P&P onther than that his #'s with similar bolt-on's would be close with a good tune.

J's98Snake

Established Member
SvtKobra96-
I did my own install, but you still need a tune/chip or you'll detonate with 10 psi.

BTW my mods are:

-9.05:1 compression, forged internals
-stock ported heads
-LMAF w/ 42# injectors/ 255 intank and 255 inline pump
-BBK long tubes with o/r H-pipe and flows
-V-1 strim with 3.12 pulley AFM power pipe

My rwhp #'s are at 5928 rpms (10 psi) on a mustang dyno. I still have stock cams, intake, ignition system and displacement.

Let me know if you have any Q's.

Users who are viewing this thread