UTI graduates?

jd123

Established Member
I was wondering if anybody out there has attended UTI? If so, how did you like it and was it expensive? And how long did you have to attend before graduation. I graduate from high school this upcoming May and I am REALLY considering attending UTI.

red9450

Established Member
I went, and honsetly it was a joke. I wouldn't waste the money. Much cheaper to start from the bottom up at a shop or dealer.....And the experience is much better than you get at uti

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
I did not attend UTI, but NTI is right down the road from me in Mooresville.. I've heard nothing good about the place. I did, however, attend and graduate from Nashville Auto-Diesel College. There is an active thread someone else started about NADC here in road side.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
I went, and honsetly it was a joke. I wouldn't waste the money. Much cheaper to start from the bottom up at a shop or dealer.....And the experience is much better than you get at uti

Problem with that is actually getting a job. My dealership will not hire you unless you have 1+ years experience or have a tech degree. Lots of places are like that. There's quite a difference in pay between a dealership and some hole in the wall shop (where someone with no experience would have to start) as well.

jd123

Established Member
I did not attend UTI, but NTI is right down the road from me in Mooresville.. I've heard nothing good about the place. I did, however, attend and graduate from Nashville Auto-Diesel College. There is an active thread someone else started about NADC here in road side.

I have also considered NADC. What's the word on that place?

jd123

Established Member

But didn't you get good job opportunities with the title of "UTI Graduate?"

projectslideway

Established Member
Wyotech here...very similar. You can learn a lot of things if you use/explore/play with the equipment and technology or you can pass just by d**king off and learn nothing. It is all in what you make it and what you want to take from it. I worked as a Ford tech prior to and post graduation. 3 years after graduation I'm out of the automotive industry and back in college getting my Business Degree from a University. NEVER been happier.

Not worth the 23K in tuition IMO, start from scratch at the dealership.

Not to mention jumping into the industry as a technician right now is very difficult since there are so many experienced techs who have been layed off (dealership closings) and are looking for work.

Last edited:

bmxer89

Established Member
I know alot of people that went there, they tell me how bad it is. Most people that went there i know do not even work on cars for a job now. I would not waste your time there. You can get the same certificate are your local community college for like 1/5 the price

32vofFury

WHINE & DINE!
Established Member
UTI is terrible. Your better off learning on the job and working your way up.

It's funny i stumbled on this, because we were making fun of a co-worker who went to get their education from the "Un-Trained Idiots" haha

Last edited:

Jmccormick

TERMN8D
Established Member
Wyotech here.

like said above, if you apply yourself and actually take advantage of the great resources there, it is worth it IMO.

You can also just skate through and not learn shit either.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
I would think you would be better off going to SAM, learning how to use and complete difficult machine work opens many fields, other than just automotive work, up to you.

Users who are viewing this thread