UTAH Police officer shoots 3 year old Weimaraner in the Head on Private Property

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Yea I saw that when it first came out. There should be laws against an officer coming into a closed yard like that. Missing child or not, just like the owner said, "he should have backed out of the yard and closed the gate".

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
Wow... that was hard to watch. He handled it considerably well considering how my even I got and its not even my dog. The officers left on scene handled it humanly considering they just let him vent without trying to calm him down. Anybody know what, if anything, came from this?

T.Man

Established Member
HEY, HEY! We don't know the full story here. For all we know, that dog was just asking for it!

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
What this video doesn't show, is what took place before the officer used deadly force against the animal. Therefore GUILTY! until proven innocent.

T.Man

Established Member
What this video doesn't show, is what took place before the officer used deadly force against the animal. Therefore GUILTY! until proven innocent.

Careful man. I got an infraction for what I sarcastically said.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Well, fact of the matter is. I'm former LEO, rookie boots these days are out of control. Sure, there's a missing person and you're conducting a search of the area. It's NOT a standard practice to make entry into someones yard, without permission.

Just because the home owner isn't home doesn't make it justified, unless you physically see something pertaining to the case in the yard. I call it how I see it, and in this case, the officer is 100% at fault and i'm certain has been disciplined accordingly. When I was brought up and trained, it was collect data first then act. Today's "america" is act 1st, ask questions later. It isn't right!

musclefan21

Established Member
I wouldn't have entered a fenced yard to search unless I knew what I was searching was there. Even then, I am very cautious of dogs. I always kick the fence a few times and try to make some noise and see if a dog is there, then I make the entry. I don't want to get bitten nor shoot a dog. If I see what I am looking for is there and there are dogs, I am still not entering.

I am a dog owner and as big of a dog lover as you are, if not bigger but I would shoot a dog as well if I couldn't avoid getting bitten if I didn't shoot. At my department, in the last 3 years, we have shot about 5 or 6 dogs. I can't speak for that officer, but guys I work with, we all avoid dogs as best as we possibly can. But at those 5 or 6 different occasions, we couldn't.

Last week during a domestic I asked this lady if she had dogs, she said they were locked up. We entered to the house and whoraah!! A pit bull ran and jumped on my partner, while barking. Thank god the dog was all talk and didn't bite so we were able to kick the dog away and owner locked him away.

I have also cleared an underage party at a house, people ran everywhere. I went to back yard to check to see if anyone was hiding there, next thing I know a huge pit running at me. Thankfully I was right behind the door so I ran back in quickly, or else I would have no other option but shoot that dog. I can go on and on wi dog related stories as everyone owns them around here.

In this specific situation, as I said, I personally would have peaked, but not entered into that property. I am not sure Wtf was he thinking.....

Last edited:

TERMN8U

Established Member
Well, fact of the matter is. I'm former LEO, rookie boots these days are out of control. Sure, there's a missing person and you're conducting a search of the area. It's NOT a standard practice to make entry into someones yard, without permission.

Just because the home owner isn't home doesn't make it justified, unless you physically see something pertaining to the case in the yard. I call it how I see it, and in this case, the officer is 100% at fault and i'm certain has been disciplined accordingly. When I was brought up and trained, it was collect data first then act. Today's "america" is act 1st, ask questions later. It isn't right!
It's men like you that are true officers. I respect and admire your honest assessment and willingness to remain true to the rule of law and not "the shield". It's people like you that will save our countries as things progress.
Cheers!

oldmodman

Established Member
And it's stupidity like this that makes me keep all my gates locked all the time.

And all my doors, cars, and garages too.

T.Man

Established Member

Right on man. Definitely agree, very bad choices were made. Still in law enforcement or move on to another field?

dooberGN

Established Member
I wouldn't have entered a fenced yard to search unless I knew what I was searching was there. Even then, I am very cautious of dogs. I always kick the fence a few times and try to make some noise and see if a dog is there, then I make the entry. I don't want to get bitten nor shoot a dog. If I see what I am looking for is there and there are dogs, I am still not entering.

I am a dog owner and as big of a dog lover as you are, if not bigger but I would shoot a dog as well if I couldn't avoid getting bitten if I didn't shoot. At my department, in the last 3 years, we have shot about 5 or 6 dogs. I can't speak for that officer, but guys I work with, we all avoid dogs as best as we possibly can. But at those 5 or 6 different occasions, we couldn't.

Last week during a domestic I asked this lady if she had dogs, she said they were locked up. We entered to the house and whoraah!! A pit bull ran and jumped on my partner, while barking. Thank god the dog was all talk and didn't bite so we were able to kick the dog away and owner locked him away.

I have also cleared an underage party at a house, people ran everywhere. I went to back yard to check to see if anyone was hiding there, next thing I know a huge pit running at me. Thankfully I was right behind the door so I ran back in quickly, or else I would have no other option but shoot that dog. I can go on and on wi dog related stories as everyone owns them around here.

In this specific situation, as I said, I personally would have peaked, but not entered into that property. I am not sure Wtf was he thinking.....

Sounds like my brothers pit, when you walk in it gets super excited and jumps on you because they rescued it and I'm guessing it wasn't trained that well. Never bites but it looks intimidating so I can see how it could be scary if you're not expecting it.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Right on man. Definitely agree, very bad choices were made. Still in law enforcement or move on to another field?

I moved into the private/contract security field for a few years. Now I run my own Technology business specializing in Custom Home Automation, Home Theater, CCTV & Monitored Security solutions. Still do some stateside training for overseas contractors a few times a year.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
It's men like you that are true officers. I respect and admire your honest assessment and willingness to remain true to the rule of law and not "the shield". It's people like you that will save our countries as things progress.
Cheers!

A lot of ego maniacs get into Law Enforcement/Military whom weren't raised with any sort of integrity. Above all else, I thank my parents for my up bringing and making me the person I am. Most youngsters these days, get into these fields for 1 of 2 reasons, they have an ego and feel like wearing a badge/BDU's empowers them. or, they've got no where else to go. Either way, it's a major issue this country faces, due to the massive skills gap that's been created.

We used to view hard working americans in the laboring fields as the hero's in this country, we used to push people to get involved in fields that are now considered "alternative". Fields such as, Military/LE, Welding, Plumbing, HVAC, Electrical, Automotive. These days and really for the past 20 years high school counselors have placed such an emphasis on college (4 year degrees specifically) that's we've completely de-valued the exact trades that made this country a successful superpower.

Schools all across the globe are dropping vocational education programs from their available curriculum options. We've become so brainwashed to force kids to go into debt, for an education they'll never be able to afford to pay back, for a job that essentially no longer exists due to over saturation. The US has over 1 Trillion dollars in student loan debt, with 13 Million people on on employment and over 4.5 Million available jobs in laboring fields.

I'm not bashing College education as a whole by any means. I just think it's been WAY over emphasized to increase the financial gain of these schools. College Tuitions have went up 700% since the 70's, Compare that to the price increases of gasoline, groceries, & healthcare. It's far and away the leader. If that doesn't tell us something, than I don't know what does.

End result, laboring fields or "alternative fields" suffer and have to lower expectations in order to fill positions, then you end up with situations like we have here.

Last edited:

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
A lot of ego maniacs get into Law Enforcement/Military whom weren't raised with any sort of integrity.

Guy I went to high school with said the only reason he wanted to be a cop was so that he could, and this is a direct quote, "shoot him some n******"

I respect law enforcement and think the majority are well intentioned, but I've met plenty that use the badge as an excuse to go on an ego trip and throw their weight around.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Never trust a pig. They lie and hide behind a badge because it somehow gives them "power" to punish and enslave fellow humans.

We all know how cops are really decepticons.

robot-mecha-sticker-transformer-barricade-police-to-punish-and-enslave-272-p.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread