USMC in SoCal, need SMOG!!

castellscl

Established Member
I just got stationed in 29 palms, CA.
I'm about to re-enlist and have to get a new base sticker.

My truck is registered and inspected in Texas, but ALL California bases require a CA smog inspection to get a new base sticker.
It will never pass visual let alone smog.

Any advice?
Does anyone know a military "friendly" place to get inspected in SoCal. PM me if you do.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
One thread is enough! Do not continue posting this in each and every forum.

One in the Lightning forum, one in the Terminator forum and one(now two since I moved this one) in the Road side pub.

Just chill and wait for some responses. :nonono::dw:

castellscl

Established Member
Sorry, I just wanted the broadest reach, not everyone reads the Lightning forum, and not everyone reads the termi forum...

heypal

What? Where am I?
Established Member
There is a so cal section too sir. You would probably be better off posting in there.

SciFiHiFi

Established Member
Thanks for your service to our country but being a marine doesn't give you any more right to a fraudulent smog check than anyone else.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for your service to our country but being a marine doesn't give you any more right to a fraudulent smog check than anyone else.

Maybe not, but being forced into a state that requires it gives him a better reason than most.

:beer:

OP good luck getting it smogged! Hopefully someone PM's you some good advice. Its best to leave this stuff out of a public thread.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
whats all done that makes you think its not gonna pass?

throw the stock midpipes back on and if its tuned and running properly itll pass sniffer. Visual is your hardest task at that point, and find a hole in the wall smog shop with a bumbling tech that speaka no engalesh, and youre likely to be just fine. Or you can just replace anything flashy in your engine bay with the stock pieces and be good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread