USMC Drill Instructors

kingcato

Drunk Ninja
Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yja_MJazDuc"]YouTube - USMC drill instructor ass chewing.[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Huqr2d2zc-I"]YouTube - My Drill Instructor[/ame]

also, watched this 2 hour documentary on the USMC bootcamp called Ears, Open. Eyeballs, Click.. very good

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PG0OZzg_hQ&feature=related"]YouTube - Get off my bus...[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuctkYYywZ0&feature=related"]YouTube - Pugil Sticks 1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yMNO3WRAgA&feature=related"]YouTube - Cleaning House[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCGqCGALd5I&feature=related"]YouTube - Ears Open. Eyeballs Click.[/ame]

About to finish up my Bachelors Degree (Accounting Major) and haven't decided if I want to go into Law Enforcement to serve my county or the USMC to serve my country(4 years of both will allow me to go federal)... any advice from some fellow Marines about joining?

Last edited:

kingcato

Drunk Ninja
Established Member
whoops, can someone move this to Roadside Pub.. didn't mean to put it in this section

saleenmuscle18

Established Member
Those drill instructors are just trying to get under your skin to see if you'll crack under pressure. Just don't give any attitude and be polite, and don't stand out!

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
What the hell was the first one about :lol: I couldn't understand a single thing. What good does that do? Confusion?

I'd go Marines, but then again I only know friends that are in the USMC. Some of them do almost nothing after their initial training. (Guarding airbases or something)

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
Go Marine Officer Candidate School. If you start now you will probably be in good enough shape for the October class.

Matt S

FLY USMC
Established Member
Join the Marines. If you have your bachelors make sure you speak with an Officer Selection Officer.

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
lol, that was some good trash! I remember getting off the bus like it was yesterday (12 years ago) DI was very calm, and said "you have 30 seconds to get off my bus, and 29 of them are already used." Then all hell broke loose and they released the dogs of war!

heard alot of profanityin the vids. they use to have to use substitute words. glad to hear they let them use their true feelings, lol.

loved the pack attack and the pugil sticks. "dont worry someone else will take care of your girl."

wife is looking at me like I am crazy cause I am laughing and cant stop.

Last edited:

baginoman

Mind over Matter
Established Member
totally off topic, but how was the road to getting your bachelors in accounting? tough? thanx again bro, and good luck with whatever decision you make:beer:

TCSoff

I'm watching
Established Member
** 4th video **
"We'll send you home in a body bag but don't worry someone else will take care of your girl" LMFAO

caleb_cook

Established Member
+1 to speaking to an OSO at your local MEPS. Or you could go see a regular recruiter but he will probably refer you to an OSO. Alot of guys like going enlisted for a bit though and then doing an ECP package and getting their commission that way though. That way you get a little of both worlds and understand things a bit better. Mustang officers are always the best IMO.

However, since you will have your degree and you are talking just possibly doing 4 years, I would go to OCS and get an easy job, heck, you could do admin or be a logistics officer or something with finance at DFAS, that way you arent forgetting too much of your damn degree... I caution you though to best make sure you are in good physical condition too because the officer route isnt any joke. Going the enlisted route is simple enough as long as you can put your mind to doing something no matter the obstacle. And again... the physical conditioning part is paramount going the officer route especially for the Marine Corps... you will get pushed thru as an enlisted man... your ass is gone if you suck going thru OCS.

Oh and that in your face shit is mostly over with, at least like it is portrayed in some of those vids, which I will say some of that was staged lol... the one arm distance rule is enforced pretty well as are the SOP's. Of course bootcamp would be challenging but it isnt what it was just 5 years ago even... Im not going to say that stupid immature shit doesnt happen still, but it isnt the same anymore. I dare someone to argue with me on that too.

I would know... I was a hat down there on Parris Island from 02-05'... Fox Co.

Sorry for the long post, had to chime in tho...

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
My God, it's almost been 26 years since boot for me, good times...good times :beer:

When my Dad went through Marine OCS in 1958, the DI's would beat you silly if you ****ed up or mouthed off; there wasn't any "official" recruit beating allowed by the DI's when I went through San Diego in '83, that's not to say it didn't happen though. My mother was a WM, she went through boot in 1959, she says there wasn't much to it back then, WM's were mostly clerical support staff.

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
I caution you though to best make sure you are in good physical condition too because the officer route isnt any joke. Going the enlisted route is simple enough as long as you can put your mind to doing something no matter the obstacle. And again... the physical conditioning part is paramount going the officer route especially for the Marine Corps... you will get pushed thru as an enlisted man... your ass is gone if you suck going thru OCS.

Agreed. We had over half our company attrite in the summer of 2001. Started with 280 and graduated 135. Don't know what the rate is like now as this was pre 9-11 and they weren't trying to expand the Marine Corps, but I would like to think the standards haven't changed any.

Last edited:

mvr

Established Member
drill instructors are hilarious, they will do and say some of the craziest shit just to get you to break your military bearing.

Bybowtie

BOOSTED
Established Member
Been there, done that, and got the t-shirt. Good luck with your choice. Experienced 2 different branches and the Marines was the best time. Oh and if your going the Officer route, you best invest in some running shoes and get in great physical condition before you ever go because at OCS you are going to have the hardest of the hard Dl's over you. Have fun and just remember one thing, everything you do is on a schedule. Semper Fi

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
If I was the guy in the first vid, I wouldnt be able to contain my laughter at the guy screaming in the high pitched voice. Wonder what would happen to me hahaha.

scottminot

Established Member
Wow, those vids bring back memories! I got thrashed quite a few times like that. Good times!
I'd do anything to be able to back and do it again.

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
Whats the point of the yelling in your face exactly? Are they trying to break your spirits or make you tougher?

Users who are viewing this thread