using f150 ecoboost pcv on boss manifold

tek302

Established Member
What exactly do I need? Just the pcv or the tubing as well?

Shaun at AED instructed me to use the 2013 f150 ecoboost pcv because it prevent most of the oil consumption we get with our stock system.

He said he recommends this over a catch can.

Anyone know of this and what I need

senderofan

Established Member
Did he say why he preferred the Ecoboost PCV over the catch can? If not....I'm wondering if he's recommending it for "Emissions check" reasons? If you find out why it's better...please let us know. I've been using a catch can for three years without an issue....other than an odor from time to time ( my system attaches to both sides.)

Wayne

tek302

Established Member
I think I remember him saying before that he has had customers come in with Afr issues because of them leaking and sucking in unmetered air.

As for the ecoboost valve. It has a improved check valve and works just as good as a catch can in keeping oil from being sucked in.

He got back to me and said all I need is the pcv valve.

He also said he has a leguna seca with oil consumption in his shop and this fixed the issue.

86Fbody

Established Member
I wonder why they didn't put these PCV valves on all cars, makes sense that they have an upgraded version on the Eco6 due to boost.

tek302

Established Member
Got my ecoboost pcv in.

Comparison.... You can blow straight through the stock pcv. The ecoboost valve you can not .

Very cost effective alternative to a catch can. It cost me 7.20 shipped from ebay

Last edited:

rdplain

Established Member
Got my ecoboost pcv in.

Comparison.... You can blow straight through. The ecoboost valve you can not .

Very cost effective alternative to a catch can. It cost me 7.20 shipped from ebay

Do you have the part # by chance?

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
1425410445_zpsb2c7d8e6.jpg

Last edited:

tek302

Established Member
No problem.

I see you have the 15 6 pot brembos. How easy is the swap? Wonder if they will fit behind stock boss wheels??

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
No problem.

I see you have the 15 6 pot brembos. How easy is the swap? Wonder if they will fit behind stock boss wheels??

The swap is as easy as taking off the old and putting on the new and bleeding the brakes. The wheel selection that they fit behind is pretty selective. Not sure about the Boss wheels. Are they 19" wheels??

86Fbody

Established Member
The swap is as easy as taking off the old and putting on the new and bleeding the brakes. The wheel selection that they fit behind is pretty selective. Not sure about the Boss wheels. Are they 19" wheels??

If the back spacing is the same as 19 fronts of the GT500 I wouldn't see why not, they fit under the BF Team Dynamics wheels which are 18's.

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
I honestly am not sure which wheels work and which ones don't. I made my choice of going 6-piston from a thread at s197forum that verified they cleared with the SVE Drifts. They have other wheels in the thread that do and don't clear.

I do appreciate the info in this thread pertaining to the Ecoboost PCV. I too emailed Shaun and he quickly replied with an answer that I felt comfortable with in going this direction. Thanks again to the OP for posting this info.

blackcoyote13

Established Member
Shaun recommended this EV-289 PCV valve (BL3Z-6A666-AA) to me too. I checked on Ford's website and this is not what is used on the 2015 Mustang 5.0. Ford still lists the EV-269 (unheated) or EV-279 (heated) PCV for 2013 through 2015 5.0's.

Any ideas as to why the EV-289 is so much cheaper than the other two for the 5.0? Also, I thought folks used GT500 check valves previously to reduce consumption, but now changed to 2013 F150 Ecoboost valves? Just curious why the change.

tek302

Established Member
Shaun recommended this EV-289 PCV valve (BL3Z-6A666-AA) to me too. I checked on Ford's website and this is not what is used on the 2015 Mustang 5.0. Ford still lists the EV-269 (unheated) or EV-279 (heated) PCV for 2013 through 2015 5.0's.

Any ideas as to why the EV-289 is so much cheaper than the other two for the 5.0? Also, I thought folks used GT500 check valves previously to reduce consumption, but now changed to 2013 F150 Ecoboost valves? Just curious why the change.

Not sure I just do what my tuner says

thehueypilot

Established Member
Someone please try this PVC valve with the JLT separator to see if it totally prevents oil from filling up the can.
I would like to get rid of the hanging seperator can. Please post results ASAP!

Tim

rdplain

Established Member
Someone please try this PVC valve with the JLT separator to see if it totally prevents oil from filling up the can.
I would like to get rid of the hanging seperator can. Please post results ASAP!

Tim

I am now using this PCV valve with the JLT separator. Not nearly as much oil in the can, but there is still some.

Users who are viewing this thread