Used 2020 Pricing Opinions

fearthesnake

Established Member
As most know, looking into purchasing a 2020 Iconic Silver or Shadow Black, or possibly Metallic Gray/Black stripe and waiting on the price point within my budget.

For what options I'm looking for the MSRP is around $79K basically want Base seats(non Recaro) and Vinyl Stripes with B&O sound system.

Willing to go $84K - up to 10K miles or so which is still $5K markup for what is now a 2 year old car.

It seems most prices are still hanging on the $89K point which is still $10K over. I've found 2021's with Low miles in the $87K range. At this point, seems like I'll wait it out until the right car comes along.

Are buyers still paying $90K for a 2020 Base options car still?

Seems crazy but then again these are crazy times.

If anyone or dealers you know have something within that budget, kindly shoot me a PM or reply.
Happy New Year

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I have found 2 CFTP cars(vinyl stripe) at MSRP and just couldn’t pull the trigger. If interested i’d forward the info to you next time as opposed to watching the car get listed on M6G 24hrs later for 110k

fearthesnake

Established Member
I have found 2 CFTP cars(vinyl stripe) at MSRP and just couldn’t pull the trigger. If interested i’d forward the info to you next time as opposed to watching the car get listed on M6G 24hrs later for 110k
Thats awesome and as much as I'd love a CFTP car, its probably a little high for me.

What is the MSRP on those with Vinyl stripes?

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Thats awesome and as much as I'd love a CFTP car, its probably a little high for me.

What is the MSRP on those with Vinyl stripes?
Totally understand. If I could get the real CFTP wing for a decent price to put on a base model, I wouldn't even be looking at them lol. 96,900 was price on the carbonized Grey last week. They will be 9-10k less than one with painted stripes, depending on the options.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sorry... all gone.

Sent from my Potato

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I've emailed a local dealership the past weekend and we went on for two days to try to get to an agreement. A bit over 6k ADM for a '21 GT500 with only 3 miles on the clock. Pretty much almost the exact car I would order if I was ordering a '22.
They have like 5 or 6 GT500 cars, mostly on the showroom floor.

fearthesnake

Established Member
I've emailed a local dealership the past weekend and we went on for two days to try to get to an agreement. A bit over 6k ADM for a '21 GT500 with only 3 miles on the clock. Pretty much almost the exact car I would order if I was ordering a '22.
Are you buying the '21 for 6K over ADM?

I'm willing to do close to a $5K ADM on a $79K MSRP but not on a 2020 with over 10K miles, no thanks.

Guess I'll just wait it out until the right deal presents itself. If that is 6 months or longer, so be it.

99BOSS

Established Member
I ended up in this exact boat. Same amount on the exact car I wanted. If you look around the country, you'll find that 6k over is below the norm. Think about it this way, lets say that car sells and you look back on it thinking I had the chance to make it mine and I held out and lost it. Or I wanted it bad enough to where I wasnt going to risk losing it over say 1K difference between what I was willing to give and their asking price. In my case, I wanted that certain color that only was available in 21, not sure about your case. Also, you may be in a bit of a leverage position here. A dealer told me they couldnt order 22s until they had sold their 21 stock. If they have that many new 21s sitting around, they better move them. Its your call, just something to think about.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Are you buying the '21 for 6K over ADM?

I'm willing to do close to a $5K ADM on a $79K MSRP but not on a 2020 with over 10K miles, no thanks.

Guess I'll just wait it out until the right deal presents itself. If that is 6 months or longer, so be it.
I am not buying the '21.

It's a brand new car with only 3 miles on the clock. The only 2 things I don't like about the car, but I can live with are the rocker panel stripes, which I can peel off or have the ceramic coating/wrap shop take them off. And the other is the Recaro seats. Call me crazy, but I would rather have the heated/cooled seats, even though I would never use that feature.
I ended up in this exact boat. Same amount on the exact car I wanted. If you look around the country, you'll find that 6k over is below the norm. Think about it this way, lets say that car sells and you look back on it thinking I had the chance to make it mine and I held out and lost it. Or I wanted it bad enough to where I wasnt going to risk losing it over say 1K difference between what I was willing to give and their asking price. In my case, I wanted that certain color that only was available in 21, not sure about your case. Also, you may be in a bit of a leverage position here. A dealer told me they couldnt order 22s until they had sold their 21 stock. If they have that many new 21s sitting around, they better move them. Its your call, just something to think about.
I totally understand what you re saying. 100% and I agree.

I actually messaged Nick, aka, @13COBRA twice in the past. His ADM was only $3,500 for the 2020 GT500, IIRC, which is pretty damn good.

fearthesnake

Established Member
That was on the ones I purchased for $3,000 over...the ones I were allocated I sold for MSRP.
Hoping once the 2022s start cranking out will result in some of the 2020s or 2021s to drop a little, maybe-Lol.

If my numbers are correct for what I'm looking for, $84K is still about $4K over MSRP which seems reasonable for a 2 yr old car you would think.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hoping once the 2022s start cranking out will result in some of the 2020s or 2021s to drop a little, maybe-Lol.

If my numbers are correct for what I'm looking for, $84K is still about $4K over MSRP which seems reasonable for a 2 yr old car you would think.
Doubtful.

All vehicles are insanely inflated right now.

I sold a 2016 F250 Platinum with 14k miles for $1400 more last week than I sold it for new back in 2015.

Sent from my Potato

Users who are viewing this thread