USAF PT Test

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
When's the last time you were at Ft Belvoir, VA? I work their now as a DOD civilian. Things have changed alot just in the 2 years I've been working here.

That was WAY back in 1992-1993. I was actually volunteered to work during the 10th anniversary dedication of the Vietnam memorial in DC. Don't know if there's any footage or pics of that event at all, but I was one of the uniformed personnel standing directly behind the stage where a bunch of veterans and VIP's spoke.

stangaholic280

Established Member
That video was hilarious.

It's funny here at Sheppard, PT tests are canceled probably 2-3 out of the 5 test days because of wind. Just funny to me b/c they will make exceptions for wind, but they won't for someone who is 6'9" with a BMI of 22 and won the Iditerod* but is 1 inch over the waist limit. :shrug:

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I don't think the mentality of the Air Force will ever change. It's run by officers that come from an ops background, and from my experience they don't give a shit about the maintenance guys that make their toys work.

Here is a great example:

There was a deployment down south and some of my guys went. They get there and immediately the ops guys (O's and E's) separate. The op's guys go to a 5-star hotel and are living it up while the maintenance guys are living in these large chicken coops at some air field. The excuse was something like "we need to keep a low profile down here". As always, the guys ended up making the best out of a bad situation. They "acquired" an conditioning unit and built up the coop so it would stay cool.

My step-dad did both maintenance and ops and he told me to get into flying. He said the treatment was night and day. I didn't listen to him because I wanted to get some skills I could use on the outside.

Haha, he's right! I was in Maintenance for 5 years, been in Ops for the past 3, it is a night and day difference. We take care of our own MUCH better than MX ever did. Plus, pilots are alot cooler than maintenance officers!

03cobrah

Established Member
Last edited:

11dsgGT

Established Member
They started testing this new physical at major divisions like the 82D, and are moving to implement it by the end of the year.

The Army test we have is a joke. I need to take this test once every 6 months and thats it. It just doesn't add up to what you experience in any deployed situation.

Now, I am at a joint assignment and they are very lax physical standards. If this test is required I see a lot of fat bodies around here getting the boot.

Users who are viewing this thread