USAA is by far the worst

blackfang

Established Member
I had them years ago and cancelled back in 2002 and would never use them again.

I would pay my insurance policy in full every 6 months. Well In March or April 2002 I was curious to see what other companies were offering as my policy was soon to expire/re-new so I was shopping around. Well I found out through another company my DL was suspended. WTF! That is news to me. F checking on insurance quotes, I call up DMV and found out when they were doing an insurance check back in February and USAA reported to them I did not have insurance. I went down to DMV and showed them all the paperwork that showed I had insurance for the time period( paid bill, insurance card,etc). Even they agreed USAA made a mistake. Paid the fee's and got my DL back.

So I call up USAA, explained to them what they did and how they came to that conclusion. I asked if they could compensate me on a discount of my policy renewal to cover the fee's I just paid that was up coming in 2 months being there mistake caused me to pay fines and fee's to get my DL re-instated because of their error. Nope, nothing at all. I went with another company and dropped USAA later that day.

To this day, they still send me shit. However, the issue I have is of course companies will make mistakes. The real indicator is how well they take care of their mistake. If you take care of me I will stick with you. If you do not take care of me, I have that right to take my business elsewhere.

Last edited:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Damn, 18 yrs and counting and have been very happy with them.

bpodner

My work car!
Established Member
Strange, had them for over 30 years. I have had multiple types of claims (accidents, home owners, identity theft, etc...) with them and all were handled with a positive outcome.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
member since 92, they beat the hell out of State Farm in service and price.

Jlrj1985

Established Member
had bad experience with them also. Left State Farm b/c USAA offered me lower rates. Vehicles registered in SC based in NC. Vehicles registered in SC have to have a SC policy. Gave me a NC policy got notice in the mail that i didn't have insurance an was going to suspend driver's licenese called USAA and they said we are sorry we can fix that but charge you double your statefarm rates. so canceled an went back with State Farm. I have always had better rates/experiences with State Farm than USAA.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
All of my insurance is with USAA. They took great care of me and my family when the moore tornado destroyed our home this year. That night they wire 2500 directly to my bank account for food, clothing and shelter. We had an adjuster on the property two days later and had our full policy paid to us the next week. I couldn't believe it. not to mention they still pay for the apartment we have until I PCS next year since we have not found a new home yet. Cant go wrong with that.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Been with USAA for over 17 years and never a single issue Couple of hurricanes when I was in FL, floods, military moves, thefts, vehicle crashes, break-in's, banking/loans, you name it. No issues....

Sorry to hear of your misfortunes.

afcobra01

Established Member
Sorry to hear about your troubles. No company is pefect. My wife and I have had them for over 10 years and found they are easy to work with and the rates are good. A few accidents (wife) and they took care of in a professional manner. I reccomend them to all the military that we interact with.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I do the majority of my banking with USAA. Have had them for almost 10 years and they've been great.

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member
Not a problems here. Had a cleaning lady still my wife's jewelry had the money in my bank a week later.

mjohns930

Established Member
I have USAA for all my insurance but no banking. After a recent home invasion/burglary on Halloween, I have been less than impressed with them. There is a huge story that is not worth typing out here, but I have been looking for another company to go with. They spew all this garbage like "We know what it means to serve" and all that marketing junk. They have no idea. They are polite and speak great english, I will give them that. They don't treat their customers any different than any other insurance company when it comes time to pay out a claim.

Sapperstang

Established Member
I disagree. I've been with them since 1996. I've had insurance, mortgage, loans, etc and I have never ever had an issue with them. And they even send out dividend checks every year. I got one for $100 the other day.

Yellazxr

Established Member
god i hate USAA with a passion.
made a claim back in like 08/09 something like that. was told to pound dirt since the blower that was stolen from my apartment storage wasn't covered by renters insurance since it was a car part. Not covered by auto b/c its.. well not on the lightning... well i get screwed once again oh well life goes on. fast forward a few years later at my new house in 2011 i call to cancel my renters insurance b/c i was going with geico. So they ask why and i tell them that my most valuable stuff if auto parts and they wont cover it and then told them what happened with my last claim. so they then tell me that issue with the loop hole has been fixed and they want to reopen the claim. so they ask for me to send receipts and what not. I tell them the whipple was bought with cash from a dude from the forums. no receipt so they say no problem just shoot us pics of the blower. also they want receipts of the other crap too one item being a sct xcal tuner. well that was for my lightning that i got in 08 and by this time the truck had been sold and i had my 2011 mustang that i bought a xcal for. by complete mistake i send them a copy of the xcal receipt for the mustang. so they call and all they ask is if all the info was correct and i say yea. a week later they send out an investigator and this dude is stone cold. he basically lead me into a trap with is questions and the last question was out of left field with "why did you lie about the claim and submit false information?" so Im like WTF? and then he says "we know the claim is bogus and you tried to pass false information which is a felony, just come clean and we can drop the claim" so I tell him I have no idea what he is talking about and then he asks me one last time "is all the info you submitted for the claim and all correct and true?" "yes sir". he then takes out the copy of the sct xcal receipt and says "how about this?" and I say "OMG i submitted the wrong one, gimme a sec I bet i have the other one" i go to my book and sure enough I have it. he tells me "too late, it up to the bank to no file charges at this point" packs his shit and walks out. I call USAA like 30 seconds after this dude walks out of my house and explain the situation and im reassured by the chick on the phone that the situation will be corrected and not to worrie. I even rescan and submit the correct stuff right then and there and she verifies.

long i know

2 weeks later I pull $300 bucks from the ATM for my first installment for my sleeve tattoo. no issues. The next day I go to get beer for the evening and my card isn't working. so i think damn this card is all beat to hell probably the machine doesn't like it so i go to another store with the same issue. wtf. Get my wifes card and go to pull cash at the ATM and its a no-go. so i call USAA and i cant even access my account something about issues that prevent access. so i try online and its the same thing.

I call USAA as a guest and get told my account has been closed and that I was given a 2 week notice. i received the letter 2 ****ING MONTHS LATER!!!! They claimed that I submitted false documents and that they were not pressing charges. I was livid and after 3 days of phone calls and going ****ing nuts on everyone i talked to from USAA I knew I had to do something. I had $250 bucks cash and bills due. they said it could take up to 60 days to get my cash (over $25k) so now im basically a broke hobo.

I went to navy fed and opened an account and told the manager the story and he looked at me like i was nuts and told me "don't worry Mr. Bright we will take care of you" and sure as shit he did. He got on the phone and 30 minutes later I had a no interest credit card for $10k that I could pay my bills with and even pull cash out to do stuff. This credit card was good for ZERO INTEREST for 2 years with no charges. of course i payed it off the day USAA released my funds. If it wasn't for navy fed i would have been screwed.

During the 50 something days i couldn't touch my cash USAA was calling me and harassing me about being late on my car payment (loan thru them) and being late on a credit card payment (had zero balance until this shit started). I tried to pay these 2 usaa bills and they woudnt accept any payment because my account was closed out lol. I am still fighting to get my name off some database for insurance fraud people. been a complete nightmare. took me almost a year to get the late car payments off my credit and to get the usaa credit card thing taken care of. **** USAA. I had 10 years with those ass holes with out missing one payment and always had over 10k im my account. perfect customer.

This sounds like BS, I'm not buying it lol

mrose75

Established Member
I disagree. I've been with them since 1996. I've had insurance, mortgage, loans, etc and I have never ever had an issue with them. And they even send out dividend checks every year. I got one for $100 the other day.

+1, agreed. I do all my business with them. Mortgage, car loans, IRA, life insurance, etc. They handled my house fire last year. Put us up in a hotel, put us up in a rental house for 5 months, had all of our textiles dry cleaned, replaced everything that was lost. Granted it took that check a while to come in because as we were closing that out they had all the fires out in Colorado, but I'm very satified with USAA and would recommend them to anyone.

NEp8ntballer

Established Member
my only complaint with USAA is they wouldn't help me out in determining a fair personal injury settlement with the other party's insurance after getting rear ended by their client who was going 50-55 while I was stationary in the left turn lane and recieved a strained lower back, bruised shin, and a concussion that resulted in five months of headaches. Other than that I'm pretty happy with them.

Users who are viewing this thread