USAA auto insurence Question

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
I have had USAA since december 05 and have been bent over over twice by them... I literally only stay bc Ive been with them for so long, I just turned 25 and my premium went down a whoppin $2 over six months lol. Im in the process of changing now. They are GARBAGE.

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
USAA doesn't only use your driving record, location, age or credit to calculate their rates. My husband and I each are eligible for USAA. We go through his membership because the rates are cheaper than through mine. He has been a USAA member for 14 yrs. I have only been a member for 7 yrs. They also use rank and time in service to make their calculations.

By using your rank and time and service, they don't offer more discounts, they offer you different types of coverage... my wife was in an accident when I was deployed and I picked up Cpl right before the accident and "medical bill pay" insurance was only available to NCO's at the time. I went through a huge stink with them to get her and her sister in laws med bills paid. Its BS, they told me flat out like a lizard drinking that only certain ranks rate certain coverages

Fuerza

Established Member
I have had USAA since december 05 and have been bent over over twice by them... I literally only stay bc Ive been with them for so long, I just turned 25 and my premium went down a whoppin $2 over six months lol. Im in the process of changing now. They are GARBAGE.

Did you read the thread? :dw:

There are many factors that go into your insurance rate. And how much more of a discount are you expecting for your 14 year old Mustang? :shrug:

OU812

Established Member
I can't believe the rates on the 2011-12 stangs some of you guys are getting. It's making selling my cobra for a new 5.0 look better and better! Now if I could just justify ever spending $30k on a car again.....lol

Fuerza

Established Member
I can't believe the rates on the 2011-12 stangs some of you guys are getting. It's making selling my cobra for a new 5.0 look better and better! Now if I could just justify ever spending $30k on a car again.....lol

$30k is rock bottom MSRP for a base model 5.0 Mustang!

OU812

Established Member
I can get the base GT for $27,500 and the premium for $31,200. I believe that's just a little over invoice. I wouldn't want a new one though, I'd void the warranty within the first week of owning it. I'd look for a used one for sure, I've seen them in the low 20's already.

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
Did you read the thread? :dw:

There are many factors that go into your insurance rate. And how much more of a discount are you expecting for your 14 year old Mustang? :shrug:

yes i understand this...everyone is different and so are their rates. the same vehicle being insured for 4 years with the same company without any sort of violations or claims should get a waaaay bigger discount than .33 cents a month. There customer service rivals that of a communist government.

03cobraracer

Established Member
i pay $210 a month for my 03 cobra, 02 audi s4, and my wifes 04 audi a4 all full coverage with Allstate. was paying 189 a month for my two cars before i added hers on. i only pay $50 a month here in germany with usaa for my 95 bmw i bought here, but thats basic liability. i paid $500 for the car care less about it really lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread