USAA auto insurence Question

tradewife4SVT

Established Member
I have USAA for auto insurence and i want to get a 03/04 cobra but am worried about insurence costs i looked and it would be around $260 a month with my wifes 08 Escape as well as the cobra. im about to turn 25 so im wondering how much of a discount that would be? my big question is if anyone on here around my age has turned 25 recently and how much their insurence premium went down beacuse of it.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
why don't you just call your USAA insurance agent and ask them? they can tell you exactly what YOURS would be, which is quite likely different than other people.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yup there are a lot of variable like how much mileage, if it's a primary car, your record, state and city you live in etc etc..

OU812

Established Member
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that "insurance going down when you turn 25" thing is a crock of poop! Mine didn't change at all when I turned 25 and I hadn't had a ticket since I was 19! I've had USAA since I came in the military back in 2000 and I use them for everything except my home loans, I pay $45 a month right now for storage insurance but full coverage on my cobra runs me $165 a month and I'm 31. I have the max coverage that you can get plus roadside assit and rental car.....when I was 25, I payed almost $200 for the same coverage on my GT.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Some of that will depend on where you are, your marital status am
Nd kind of car. I don't have USAA but my insurance did drop a fair amount when I hit 25.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that "insurance going down when you turn 25" thing is a crock of poop! Mine didn't change at all when I turned 25 and I hadn't had a ticket since I was 19! I've had USAA since I came in the military back in 2000 and I use them for everything except my home loans, I pay $45 a month right now for storage insurance but full coverage on my cobra runs me $165 a month and I'm 31. I have the max coverage that you can get plus roadside assit and rental car.....when I was 25, I payed almost $200 for the same coverage on my GT.

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
Nd kind of car. I don't have USAA but my insurance did drop a fair amount when I hit 25.

I have USAA and my insurance dropped quite a bit when I turned 25. At that time, I had a 03 Cobra and a 01 Sport Trac and was paying in the ballpark of $200 a month between them and my renters insurance while I was still living in Colorado Springs.

Now I have the 83 Vert, 95 Cobra, 04 Tahoe and 08 Ford Edge and we pay about $175 a month for all 4. Can't beat that or their service. The 83 and 95 are both under USAA's Collectors coverage too so its dirt cheap.

OU812

Established Member

Maybe it was because I lived in SC, they have some retarded insurance rates there because of all the uninsured drivers they have. You can pay like a $500 fee and not have to have insurance, my ex got rear ended by one of those drivers and it was a pain getting her car fixed.

whiplash306

Established Member
Call them at (800) 531-8111. I've had 'em for almost 20 years and have NEVER had an issue with their service! Full coverage on my C6Z is like $54/month.... That's with a $1k deductible and an impeccably clean driving record! Believe it or not, both of my '04 Cobras cost more to insure than my C5Z and the new C6Z....!

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
22 years old, full coverage on my 2012 GT w/ $500 deductibles, rental car reimbursement and roadside coverage and I am paying $75 per month. Gotta love USAA! Can't wait to see what my rates are when I am 25.

tradewife4SVT

Established Member
Thanks for all the input guys i called and they pretty much said the newer the year the cheaper the insurence. I live in denver so maybe thats why its high for me not really sure. i would love to have a new 5.0 or BOSS but the Air force dont pay enough ha ha

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
My quote for Colorado was $139, no matter what I changed (other than deductibles) I couldn't get it lower. Are you at Buckley AFB?

airstang93

Established Member

Not true. when i turned 25 mine dropped considerably. My truck dropped from about 120 a month to 84 and the stand dropped from 102-103 to like 68 bucks. Now, i had USAA and i checked into it, my rates would not have dropped much with them at 25. I switched to All State, as they saved me the most..

ringo01

Established Member
22 years old, full coverage on my 2012 GT w/ $500 deductibles, rental car reimbursement and roadside coverage and I am paying $75 per month. Gotta love USAA! Can't wait to see what my rates are when I am 25.

Holy crap! I am 23 and pay 150 a month through USAA for my 2011 GT...

evolve

Established Member
It also depends on where you are. I switched to Progressive because the rates are better on average vs others (minus Geico, which I dont feel comfortable switching to).

motorider228

Established Member
Does anyone know if rates with USAA go down with rank? They weren't the cheapest for me before, but I just made E-5 so I didn't know if I could expect the rates to be lower now.

Thanks fellas.

lilgrneyes1979

*Twin Screwed Chick*
Established Member
USAA doesn't only use your driving record, location, age or credit to calculate their rates. My husband and I each are eligible for USAA. We go through his membership because the rates are cheaper than through mine. He has been a USAA member for 14 yrs. I have only been a member for 7 yrs. They also use rank and time in service to make their calculations.

Even if they were slightly more expensive, I would stay with USAA. Their customer service is excellent! We have nearly all of our loans, bank accounts, etc with them, and have never been disappointed with their level of service.

Users who are viewing this thread