US Military Parade - What do you think?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Would you say 100% not true? Maybe 75%? 50/50? You said "not true at all". I believe that statement to be not true at all.
You can believe what ever you ****ing want to. I am 100% against trumps idiotic parade, most everyone I have talked to are 100% against his idiotic parade and while I haven’t asked specifically it is a pretty safe bet that to a person they are against a military gay pride parade as well. Your blanket statement was just dumb and off the mark

Ken03KBGTvert

Established Member
You can believe what ever you ****ing want to. I am 100% against trumps idiotic parade, most everyone I have talked to are 100% against his idiotic parade and while I haven’t asked specifically it is a pretty safe bet that to a person they are against a military gay pride parade as well. Your blanket statement was just dumb and off the mark

Cool

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Murika! **** yea!

Waste of ****ing money. Smfh

Somehow it'll cost a trillion dollars to fund this parade.

This parade nonsense is nothing more than our insecure President wanting his ego stroked. He doesn't give one damn about the military. If he did, he wouldn't have dodged the draft 5 times, called a POW and sitting Senator a loser for getting captured, or disrespected a Gold Star family because they're Muslim. #CadetBoneSpurs He has got to be the most disrespectful son of a bitch to have ever been President. He doesn't give one damn about this country. The only thing that matters to Donald Trump is himself.

And another thing, why does the country with arguably THE most powerful military on the planet need to put on a show of force?? I'm pretty sure every nation in the world knows the U.S. military is the most dangerous and most lethal. Waste of money...

Agree with GT Premi. No other country has as big a budget, military bases all over the world, and a naval fleet as big as the United States.

They should spend money on our veterans and active personnel instead of trying to satisfied the president's ego.

Leave the parades for the faggots...

Waste of money, and pathetic as ****! You know who does such a parade? North Korea. They're the special olympics country of the world. We want to show off to them? That's sad to think we would even lower ourselves to that. We don't need to show off anything. You know who flaunts money? The person who is broke. The richest of the rich don't flaunt it.

Plus, we have wounded vets who don't even have ****ing legs anymore, and we DO NOT take proper care of them, but we have the thought to blow 20 million on a parade? Absolutely embarrassing.

I don't like the sound of this. I always have thought it's funny when Russia and China paraded their latest and greatest stuff down Main St. Beijing or Moscow to show everybody what they have. We don't usually let people know what we have until it's coming for them. China builds a new Jet and they drive it down Main St. to show it off and let everybody know, we build a new jet and you'll maybe find out details 30 years from now, until the boondoggle of the F35 that is.

My Father server 24 years and retired E9. The prospect of the kind of dog and pony show trump wants will have him spinning in his grave.
Your post will have him wanting to resurrect just so he could beat your butt. Your entire post screams blind loyalty with no thought to what is right or wrong. The world is not as black or white as you seem to think, nor is the military. He and I had many conversations about politics, and the direction this country was taking he disagreed with a lot of it but still did his duty. Shit, a lot of what you posted I did as a civilian. You really need to get over yourself

Sigh.........this would be a giant dog n pony show.....nobody who is still enlisted would want to go. Lord help my fellow M.P.'s who already have to play this game if they are anywhere near a dog n pony show base.....As its been said here take that 20 million and put it in updating the VA computer systems...I saw a dell 810 at a doctor's desk...bloody hell

You shut your commie mouths!!!

MassCobra

All set
Established Member

I believe you and most people probably are against it and think its a waste of dollars. But, and I don't really like hypothetical's, I would bet money that if the gay community proposed a gay military parade, the liberal media would suddenly be 100% behind it.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I believe you and most people probably are against it and think its a waste of dollars. But, and I don't really like hypothetical's, I would bet money that if the gay community proposed a gay military parade, the liberal media would suddenly be 100% behind it.
I am sure you are right. The liberals would be all over it. The military would likely see an uptick in article 15s

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member

I doubt it. Gay people in the military is nothing new. Nothing new at all. Most who are gay are not trying to shove it in everyone else faces. They just go on about their business and do their job. Huge difference from being Gay Lesbian in the military and being it in the world.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
I doubt it. Gay people in the military is nothing new. Nothing new at all. Most who are gay are not trying to shove it in everyone else faces. They just go on about their business and do their job. Huge difference from being Gay Lesbian in the military and being it in the world.

My post wasn't so much about gays, it was about the liberal media and their hypocrisy.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
If you are a civilian do you think your going to lose some $$ on your next tax refund? Really? Some say, "that money should be used for other stuff like, blah, blah, blah". Give me a break. Tell ya what we do. Take the $20M for the parade and divide it up and everybody in the US Military to include the Reserve components will get $10.00 each in their next pay check. Not that big of a number when you break it down, is it?

Makes me wonder if you really served. If you did, you must have been in the officer ranks. When I was in as an enlistedman and NCO, there were some weeks/months where an extra $10 meant everything. Are you aware that huge numbers of military service members live below the poverty line and actually qualify for public assistance? Let's not forget that Trump doesn't just want A parade, he wants annual parades like this. And with the government being the government, the cost would probably double each year. There are MUCH better ways to spend that money to honor past and present military members than some childish chest thumping. A sense of pride, duty, and selfless service is ingrained in us the day we step into basic training. We don't need a stupid parade to remind us.

If the homosexuals that currently serve in the military wanted to have a gay military pride parade or some shit like that, the exact same people that are 100% against Trump's parade would be 100% for it. Just a thought.

You are 100% wrong. And like someone else said, the gays in the military aren't wanting to be out on Front Street. They just want to do their jobs and keep their the personal lives to themselves. Not to mention a gay military parade would make the U.S. military a laughing stock to the world.

Ken03KBGTvert

Established Member
Makes me wonder if you really served. If you did, you must have been in the officer ranks. When I was in as an enlistedman and NCO, there were some weeks/months where an extra $10 meant everything. Are you aware that huge numbers of military service members live below the poverty line and actually qualify for public assistance? Let's not forget that Trump doesn't just want A parade, he wants annual parades like this. And with the government being the government, the cost would probably double each year. There are MUCH better ways to spend that money to honor past and present military members than some childish chest thumping. A sense of pride, duty, and selfless service is ingrained in us the day we step into basic training. We don't need a stupid parade to remind us.

You are 100% wrong. And like someone else said, the gays in the military aren't wanting to be out on Front Street. They just want to do their jobs and keep their the personal lives to themselves. Not to mention a gay military parade would make the U.S. military a laughing stock to the world.
So you think that if 3 or 4 years ago the gay community/military wanted to have a parade and then president Obama came out in support of it, all the people that are now calling Trump's parade idea stupid and a waste of money would've responded that same? And by "people" I mean the news media and talk shows. I guess I should've clarified that earlier when I said 100% of the people would be supporting it.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I don't believe that for one second. Like I said, a military gay pride parade would make the U.S. military a laughing stock of the world. Only feminists and gays who aren't in the military would even remotely entertain such nonsense. It has nothing to do with what party holds the White House.

Users who are viewing this thread