US Marshal Killed

99navert

Established Member
BBC News - St Louis gunfight: Deputy marshal dies from wounds

St Louis gunfight: Deputy marshal dies from wounds

A US deputy marshal shot in the head in a gunfight in St Louis has died from his wounds, police said.

Another deputy marshal and a police officer were also shot and wounded while trying to arrest a man wanted on drug and assault charges.

The suspect, named by police as Carlos Boles, 35, was also killed in the gun battle.

Police used dogs to keep back an angry crowd as detectives scoured the suspect's home after the shooting.

The fatally wounded deputy marshal, John Perry, 48, died at Saint Louis University Hospital, officials said.

Deputy marshal Theodore Abegg was shot in an ankle and an unnamed police officer suffered a minor facial wound.

The charges against Boles stemmed from an incident in October last year in which he punched an officer in the neck as the officer tried to arrest him for drug possession.

Police said officers entered his home and saw him on the second floor. It was then that Boles started shooting, they said.

After the shooting, dozens of spectators gathered at the scene as police in tactical gear scoured the home.

As police began to disband, some bystanders shouted obscenities at them and officers used police dogs to keep angry spectators at a distance.

The last line demonstrates that some people truly are ignorant to the world...

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the USMS Deputy.

blueovalfan

Established Member
My HS wrestling team had dual meets once a year with a team from east St Louis, wrestled there once and it wasn't a place you wasted alot of time getting out of.

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
Always sad to hear. Too bad another law enforcement official lost their life because of some scumbag who didn't want to go back to prison. The angry spectators are obviously pieces of $hit as well. Some people will never learn

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member

BriansZ

Established Member
East St. Louis= No joke. I think its in the top ten most violent city's. Sad he had to lose his life over that POS.

I'd say that North St. Louis is worse than East St. Louis now. I think this actually happened in North St. Louis. Drugs and gangs are a real problem there, I spent a couple of years working over in that area in a federal building and it's pretty run down.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very sad that he lost his life. Being a cop is not only dangerous, but is often a thankless job. I do pray for his family. Devastating!

CompOrange04

Just livin the dream...
Established Member
yeah North St. Louis and East St. Louis (which is in Illinois by the way) are 2 areas you don't want to hang around anytime of the day. If you took the murder rates from just these 2 areas off the St. Louis stats as a whole, St. Louis would probably not even register. Those are two ruff ass neighborhoods

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
It happened in North City. You don't fool around out there, a murder on the news every night.

My condolences to the Officers family.

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
RIP

Sad to hear and it sounds like the crowd was clueless as well. It is sad to say but, I am glad that there will not have to be a trial for this guy. You pull a weapon on a LEO and you deserve swift and harsh repercussions.

Users who are viewing this thread