Urgent Cobra R meet/SCMC nationals question

Cobra-R

Established Member
I just finished the schedules, four 30 minute sessions on saturday for open trackers. :)

One other cool thing, Cobra R racers will have thier own qualifying session. :)

Brian

Last edited:

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
Cobra-R said:
I just finished the schedules, four 30 minute sessions on saturday for open trackers. :)

One other cool thing, Cobra R racers will have thier own qualifying session. :)

Brian
Three questions. Will the Cobra R qualifying session be combined with the AV8 qualifying like last year?

Second, can you post (or Email me) the schedule somewhere. Dan S is not going to be there and since I registered through AV8, I doubt they will send anything out. I also don't expect an Email from SCMC since I did not register through them. BTW, I AM an SCMC member as well (have been for the past 3 years) in case you want to include that on the participants list.

Last, any word from the track yet on a Friday night session???

Thanks Buddy!:beer:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Flying Fred said:
Three questions. Will the Cobra R qualifying session be combined with the AV8 qualifying like last year?

Second, can you post (or Email me) the schedule somewhere. Dan S is not going to be there and since I registered through AV8, I doubt they will send anything out. I also don't expect an Email from SCMC since I did not register through them. BTW, I AM an SCMC member as well (have been for the past 3 years) in case you want to include that on the participants list.

Last, any word from the track yet on a Friday night session???

Thanks Buddy!:beer:

Sorry for the confusion. What I meant by the prior post was that the Cobra R's would have thier own qualifying session, seperate from the AV8SS cars. All the rest of the weekend the AV8 cars and Cobra R racers will be on the track together, qualifying is the only exception.

I sent Dan the schedules last night, I believe he will be putting them on his website, I will attempt to attach them here. (If that doesn't work, I will email you)

We have our 10 for friday, I will call the track today and confirm and report back.

Brian

Cobra-R

Established Member
Here is my attempt attaching the schedules.

Brian

Edit: didn't work

Last edited:

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
Thanks Brian! A whole 30 minute qualifying session for just 6 or 7 cars? I know we agreed on a split start from the AV8 group for the race, but it would seem we could all qualify together?:shrug:

I appreciate your trying to attach the schedule. Hopefully you can get it posted! Good luck calling the track. I'm surprised the manager is slow to respond. I contacted her in July about dropping my trailer off early for Mark's SVTOA event and she responded promptly.

JoeJ

Established Member
Guys,

I am out in Denver Colorado visiting my son Scott. I got a call from Houston Performance today and they said the car was ready. They got a little over 400 HP on the dyno. I will not have time to break it in before I leave for Gingerman next Thursday but hopefully everything will be ok. I am dropping it off on Tuesday at Kenny Bumbera to have the alignment checked.
Wayne Manor is coming up with me. He will be available to help instruct if needed. He is one great driver and instructor.
Sure looking forward to seeing everyone. We should have a great time on the track.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Flying Fred said:
Thanks Brian! A whole 30 minute qualifying session for just 6 or 7 cars? I know we agreed on a split start from the AV8 group for the race, but it would seem we could all qualify together?:shrug:

I appreciate your trying to attach the schedule. Hopefully you can get it posted! Good luck calling the track. I'm surprised the manager is slow to respond. I contacted her in July about dropping my trailer off early for Mark's SVTOA event and she responded promptly.

Let Dan know how you feel, He did it because he had the time at the end of the day and thought it would be fun for the R people. I am sure he would change it if you were against it. (the qualifying sessions are 20 min each)

I got tied up yesterday and wasn't able to call the track, I will try on Monday.

Brian

Last edited:

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
Cobra-R said:
Let Dan know how you feel, He did it because he had the time at the end of the day and thought it would be fun for the R people. I am sure he would change it if you were against it. (the qualifying sessions are 20 min each)
Brian
I'm not necessarily against it - in fact I'm pretty neutral about it. I was commenting more that it seems to waste track time if you have a handful of cars do AV8 qualifying, then a separate handful do the R qualifying. Then again the "crowd"??? may enjoy seeing the Rs separate. I'm fine leaving it as is - unless you think we should poll the R guys again.

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
JoeJ said:
Guys,

I am out in Denver Colorado visiting my son Scott. I got a call from Houston Performance today and they said the car was ready. They got a little over 400 HP on the dyno. I will not have time to break it in before I leave for Gingerman next Thursday but hopefully everything will be ok. I am dropping it off on Tuesday at Kenny Bumbera to have the alignment checked.
Wayne Manor is coming up with me. He will be available to help instruct if needed. He is one great driver and instructor.
Sure looking forward to seeing everyone. We should have a great time on the track.
Glad to hear it's done Joe. Doug was going to call HP the other day, but was overwhelmed at work. What did they do about that header gasket?

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Flying Fred said:
I'm not necessarily against it - in fact I'm pretty neutral about it. I was commenting more that it seems to waste track time if you have a handful of cars do AV8 qualifying, then a separate handful do the R qualifying. Then again the "crowd"??? may enjoy seeing the Rs separate. I'm fine leaving it as is - unless you think we should poll the R guys again.
I'm fine with it based on what you said, I think the crowd will enjoy it....back when we had the cobra R gang all together at mark's july gingerman event, we had an all-cobra R (and a few seasoned open trackers) together in a cobra R run group....those were great runs, and made for some really neat photos with all of the R's on track together....what other arrangement do you think would work?

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
As I see it Ken, there are only 2 options: qualify with AV8 or run a separate R qualifying as Brian has scheduled. You can't have a mixed group of R racers and OT guys for qualifying. It also would not be a good way to practice. I originally expected that we would qualify with AV8 since 1) we race with them on Sunday and 2) it saves an extra session. After seeing the schedule, I think Brian did a nice job and it probably doesn't matter having 2 smaller groups with slightly shorter times (two 20 minute qualifying sessions vs. one 30 min). And it will give the spectators a chance to focus on the Rs at that time.

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Fred, I agree, I think the seperate qualifying will be good for 2 reasons: 1. we dont get in the way of the guys running for av8ss points (my 00R and some other entrants are not highly modified) and 2. the spectators can see a field of cobra R's on track together....

is the schedule posted anywhere? I looked on av8ss but didnt find it....

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
NJ2000R said:
is the schedule posted anywhere? I looked on av8ss but didnt find it....
Biran tried to attach the schedule but was not successful. He Emailed it to me, so I will send it to you. In fact, I will send Bruce a copy as well. As co-moderator, maybe he can get it posted for us.
:beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Flying Fred said:
Biran tried to attach the schedule but was not successful. He Emailed it to me, so I will send it to you. In fact, I will send Bruce a copy as well. As co-moderator, maybe he can get it posted for us.
:beer:

Boy you all are going to get some serious ribbing from me once we get to Gingerman?!?! :poke: ;-)

TRACK DAY SCHEDULE

SATURDAY:

7:00 a.m. Gates Open

7:00 a.m.-7:45 a.m. Registration and Tech Inspection at Gingerman Raceway
7:45 a.m. - 8:15 am Drivers Meeting - Mandatory for all non-racers!!!!
8:00 am - 8:30 am AV8SS & Cobra R race group practice
8:30 am - 9:00 am Group A (Group C students in classroom session)
9:00 am - 9:30 am Group B
9:30 am - 10:00 am Group C
10:00 am - 10:30 am Group A
10:30 am - 11:00 am Group B
11:00 am - 11:30 am Group C (11:45 am AV8SS & Cobra R race drivers meeting)
11:30 am - 12:00 am Group A
12:00 am - 1:00 pm Lunch Break (Touring laps at 12:30)
1:00 pm - 1:30 pm AV8SS and Cobra R race group practice
1:30 pm - 2:00 pm Group B
2:00 pm - 2:30 pm Group C
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm Group A
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm Group B
3:30 pm - 4:00 pm Group C
4:00 pm - 4:20 AV8SS Qualifying
4:30 pm - 4:50 Cobra R Qualifying
5:00 - Charity rides in race cars

6:00 pm……. BBQ (purchase tickets at registration or from SCMC officers)

Schedule subject to change

TRACK DAY SCHEDULE

Sunday:

7:00 a.m. Gates Open
7:00 a.m.-7:45 a.m. Registration and Tech Inspection at Gingerman Raceway
7:45 a.m. - 8:15 am Drivers Meeting - Mandatory
8:00 am - 8:30 am AV8SS & Cobra R Practice
8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Group A (Group C students in classroom session
9:00 am - 9:30 am Group B
9:30 am - 10:00 am Group C

10:00 am - 12:00 pm Mandatory track quiet time

12:00 am - 12:30 am Group AV8SS & Cobra R race #1
12:30 pm - 1:00 pm Group A
1:00 pm - 1:30 pm Group AV8SS & Cobra R Race #2
1:30 pm - 2:00 pm Group B
2:00 pm - 2:30 pm Group C (2:00pm: AV8SS & Cobra R race award ceremony)
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm Group A
3:00 pm to 3:30 pm Group B
3:30 pm - 4:00 pm Group C
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm All groups

Schedule subject to change

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
Brian: Any final word on Friday evening? Were you able to get hold of the track yesterday? I really don't want to bust my butt trying to get there early on Friday to find out we can't run. Thanks.

Cobra-R

Established Member
I have no idea, fred. I have emailed and phoned her again. I am pretty sure we are ok, but I just want to hear it from her mouth.

Brian

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Flying Fred said:
I really don't want to bust my butt trying to get there early on Friday to find out we can't run. Thanks.

Fred:

It's already got a crack in it so you're halfway there!?!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :pepper: :beer: :D

Cobra-R

Established Member
Cobra-R said:
I have no idea, fred. I have emailed and phoned her again. I am pretty sure we are ok, but I just want to hear it from her mouth.

Brian

I left two more messages this morning. :cuss: :cuss:

Brian

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
Thanks for trying Brian. I know you've done all you can. I just can't figure out why these people don't respond??? Makes me wonder what ever happened to good old customer service or people caring about doing their jobs well. I think it would be good to somehow let the owner know (after the event of course). If it were my business, I sure would want to know because I wouldn't tolerate it.

Users who are viewing this thread