Upstate SC Chat

Extremite

Established Member
Anyone in here used the SCT 4-bank chip on their car before? I'm tempted to pick one up this week but haven't really found any concrete reviews on it.

Colubra

Carburized
Established Member
Anyone have any trusted mechanics in the area? I think I have a TOB going out, its making a whirring noise in neutral with the clutch engaged and when I press the clutch, the noise goes away (its not very loud but if I stick my ear near the shifter I can hear it). I would much rather fix it before it goes out! It may be an improperly adjusted clutch pedal and will try a MM clutch adjuster kit with cable, quadrant and firewall adjuster but in case it gets really bad I'd like to have a plan B.

Then again I might just be too finicky and not use to the T-56, I hope its the later lol.

Thanks!

Last edited:

ThinkTwice

Slow 2V
Established Member
I think I also have a TOB going out, but the noise is more like a cricket chirping when the clutch is released. When I press the clutch pedal even lightly, the chirping goes away. Sometimes an aftermarket clutch quadrant/cable/firewall adjuster fixes it, and sometimes the only way to fix it is to replace the TOB.

The whirring noise you mention seems pretty common. This is my 2nd car with a T-56, and they're always noisy transmissions. One way to quiet them is to install one of CobraBob's shifter gaskets Welcome

On another note, I plan to go to the next cars and coffee in June, but if you know of a good Sunday cruise going on before then, let me know...I need an excuse to take the car out!

Extremite

Established Member
Saw a white Terminator today getting on to Haywood road around 8pm. Car sounded pretty mean. Any chance they're a member here?

ThinkTwice

Slow 2V
Established Member
anybody up for some cruising tomorrow if the weather is nice?

I'd like to go cruising today, but now it looks like I will be busy with the family for most of the day. I may be able to break free for a couple of hours late in the afternoon, no promises though!

Colubra

Carburized
Established Member
ThinkTwice thanks for the info! I'd be down for a little cruise depending on how unpacking goes, I moved into a house yesterday and it was just my girlfriend and I moving so the house is a mess and needs unpacking. Where were you guys thinking?

ThinkTwice

Slow 2V
Established Member
ThinkTwice thanks for the info! I'd be down for a little cruise depending on how unpacking goes, I moved into a house yesterday and it was just my girlfriend and I moving so the house is a mess and needs unpacking. Where were you guys thinking?

No particular place really. However, with this thunderstorm rolling in, I don't think today is looking all too nice for a drive. Let's see if we can get something going for next Sunday with the NC/SC meet in Concord?

akgsx2002

The Alaskan
Established Member
What's up? I just moved to the Greer area from Alaska. I've got a black '03 Cobra, can't miss the bright yellow AK plates, lol.

akgsx2002

The Alaskan
Established Member
Thanks & yeah, it's a longggg ways... I'm just glad I'm not stuck with 90 Octane crap anymore. I need to get my car retuned soon. I'm running a 91 tune from Amazon & it seem to be ok but I know it's got more in it. I think it's time to convert to E85.

Last edited:

akgsx2002

The Alaskan
Established Member
Tired of the weather up there & I needed to come back to civilization...and somewhere I can drive my cars besides the 70 miles of roads we have on Kodiak Island where I lived, haha. I also started a new career, I'm becoming a Robot Programmer at the BMW plant. I've been doing mechanic work for the past 16 years & I finally got burned out for the last time, needed a change & got hooked up at BMW. I've got lots of family all over the south & a few family members at BMW.

Users who are viewing this thread