"upshift arrow " indicator is Ridiculous

carstocks

Established Member
Took the 03 Cobra out (semi-nice day).

Going down the road in 4th gear @ 38mph and the upshift light comes on (indicating I should put it in 5th).

I know it's programmed for gas mileage, but the only thing 5th gear will do for me is force me into boost on every slight incline or anytime I need to hit the gas. That will kill gas mileage and take a toll on the engine (constant in and out of boost for extended periods of time is not good for these engines). What the hell was Ford thinking.

RANT over... ;-) ;-)
Thanks

hunterp

Established Member
Ford was thinking of avoiding the gas-guzzler tax from the EPA. I don't think anybody at SVT expects that you'll follow it, but they did it to shut up the balding, middle managers at the EPA that wear $12 dress shirts and no t-shirt underneath.

carstocks

Established Member
o3SnakeBite said:
5th is just a crusing gear, When i put it into 5th i dont really accelerate

I agree, that's why putting into 5th around is a joke.

I gues it's time for the predator. That will shut off that light!

Shanezam203

Established Member
Yeah I had the shift light removed. Actually it's bumped up to like 7400 so reg driving, I don't see it. When I first got my car before the predator it was coming on all the time!

pvteye

Established Member
had mine set just before redline via a predator tune... now acts like a real shift light should....

x14

Established Member
My Predator tune sets the shift light at 6300 rpms (Factory setting for WOT).

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I use mine while driving home at night - put it in fifth on a 40MPH road I need to drive home on - when light comes on, I need to slow down (which is usually at about 46MPH). Other than that, I just ignore it.

Fastlane Cobra

Established Member
Mine came on the other night while drivin 140+ MPH in 6th gear. I was like SH!T...am I in 4th?? I Then double checked and re-checked, looked at the RPMs and then cruised at 150mph.

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
Fastlane Cobra said:
Mine came on the other night while drivin 140+ MPH in 6th gear. I was like SH!T...am I in 4th?? I Then double checked and re-checked, looked at the RPMs and then cruised at 150mph.
:nono: JK By the way, shift light sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread