UPS damaged my BilletFlow Pulley...

1SVT&1GT

Established Member
UPS has now officially become United Package Smashers in my book. I bought a Stage IV blower off of SVTP last week with a billetflow 2.76 pulley. I had originally planned to with a 2.93 pulley but since this pulley came on it already I just figured I would go ahead with a 2lb lower with it instead of the 4lb I was gonna use with the 2.93. So I get the package in and the minute he brings it off the truck I can tell it is damaged. Wouldn't let me inspect it until I signed for it though.(WTF?) So I get it open and sure enough they have dropped it and chipped off a piece of the pulley. I looked at how it was packed and in my opinion it was packed very well. Double boxed, even used that foam that expands around it. I found the piece that came off the pulley in the bag, as well as some of the paint that flaked off the supercharger. UPS really did a number on this box. NOW, they want to make me jump thru 50,000 hoops with the claim I put in. Sheesh, can't win for lose. Guess I'll go ahead with that 2.93 set in the end anyway.:cuss: Wonder if Billetflow will give me a good trade in price on this UPS damaged pulley on a new one.:rollseyes:

GREENMAN80

Established Member
I have a friend that works for UPS and from what I hear, there are a lot of people that don't really care about the packages working there. I would be more worried about the blower itself being damaged than the pulley, I'm sure a snout first drop to the ground wouldn't do it any good!!
M

1SVT&1GT

Established Member
Yeah, that has crossed my mind, so they JUST called me and said we'll need to pick it up and bring it back to inspect it. So I asked them if they couldn't get it to me the first time safely why would I trust them to take it back to inspect it then bring it back to me safely unlike the first time? Dead silence on the phone, she couldn't answer it.

einzatgroupen

03 cobra
Established Member
They (UPS) dropped my new 10.5 wheels off on the other side of town and pretty much told me to F off and get them myself. UPS sucks!

04SLOBRA1

RESPECT IS EARNED
Established Member
I bought a set of wheels and they were shipped UPS, when the set of four arrived I inspected them and found one rear to be damaged pretty good, to make a long story short the company I purchased them from sent me another wheel and handeled everything else with UPS which I thought was fantastic, that one was all fu(*ed up also, so they sent another and finally it was a winner. From what I saw and I would say that UPS workers don't really care about the condition of the package or even what's inside.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
US Postal still has them beat around here.

Map tubes...they're round...probably not meant to be folded or bent, you know? They got to where they crushed them.

Ok, so I swap to the triangle mailers...I think, they don't roll and aren't likely to get stepped on....WRONG...I get them and the Mf'ers have collapsed them completely and looks like they folded it in 1/2. Of course, insurance or not you're screwed with them.

1SVT&1GT

Established Member
Another wonderful detail they probably don't realize is that I am now going to have to remove the damaged pulley so that I can install the other one.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
UPS are bastards. they totaly f my friend's package up. the head unit for his procharger was missing. package was lighter 30 pounds than what the sticker said.............:bash: :bash: :bash:

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
Good ol UPS.... I haven't had problems with any of my packages. Knock on wood.

Last edited:

1SVT&1GT

Established Member
Okay, I've utilized the search button but can't come up with the answer. What is the proper order for swapping out Billetflow pullies with the interchangeable pullies? The one that came on it was destroyed (as mentioned earlier) and I think I might just go back with a Billetflow pulley. I just don't want to mess anything up when it is time to replace it. Thanks...

lukem80

Established Member
bought a pair of MACH1 rear shocks off ebay one time..

UPS delievered them... and I only had one shock and a BIG ass hole in the box..

looks like they would have seen a long ass shock fall out of my box???? :loser:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've had the opposite shipping results (over an 8 year period). I have had no UPS issues at all but have had a few USPS Priority Mail shipping issues. Packages I receive from others, same thing. USPS Priority Mail packages are commonly dented, corners crushed, etc. UPS - very rare to receive a damaged carton/box. The only one I can remember is the carton that contained my Magnaflow catback/midpipe. There's no perfect shipper. Some swear by UPS (or FedEx) and others swear by USPS. JMO.

OmahaStang

Established Member
Lol

Nice.. That sucks. hopefully it'll work out..
Side note I JUST had a CB radio delivered to my house via fed ex. oh and they left it outside in the rain all day. I was like WTF it was in the CB box and it was known what it was (electronic) and rain was predicted for that day. Box was ruined but the items inside were pretty well wrapped in plastic that it'll still work. I did open a claim with fed ex and they are willing to pay for it but as long as it works I don't/didn't care.

I think it's hit and miss with deliveries. UPS FED-EX etc. Generally I've had good experience with them.

SVT_4_me

Established Member
OmahaStang said:
Nice.. That sucks. hopefully it'll work out..
Side note I JUST had a CB radio delivered to my house via fed ex. oh and they left it outside in the rain all day. I was like WTF it was in the CB box and it was known what it was (electronic) and rain was predicted for that day. Box was ruined but the items inside were pretty well wrapped in plastic that it'll still work. I did open a claim with fed ex and they are willing to pay for it but as long as it works I don't/didn't care.

I think it's hit and miss with deliveries. UPS FED-EX etc. Generally I've had good experience with them.

i have had fedex deliver a package to me in the rain, but they wrapped it up really good in plastic and left it on the porch. didn't get wet at all. however i have had problems with USPS priority mail... i bought some football tickets on ebay (almost $500) and they got lost. needless to say i was very angry. luckily i bought shipping insurance and the seller had more tickets so everything worked out. 2 months later the tickets showed up in the mail. go figure...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My UPS driver always wraps my packages in plastic bags if it is raining or looking like rain. The post office doesn't.

One MAJOR thing I like about UPS (or any shipper other than the USPS) is that you get automatic package tracking included. That is a big plus IMO. You cannot track a Priority Mail package. You can only get a delivery confirmation at extra cost. It is very helpful to know when your package is scheduled to be delivered. With Priority Mail you hope it gets to you in the 2-3 normal delivery time frame. Unfortunately USPS won't guarantee it. So if you're on, say, day 4 you have no way to check on where the package is. Which is why I lprefer other shipping methods.

SVT0369

#1798 of 1896
Established Member
RGrossman said:
Fedex and DHL are much better. DHL has been the best for items I have sold, plus they are so much cheaper!

DHL tried to steal my Magnaflow cat back :cuss: I get home one day and check the internet to see where the box is and it says delivered. I go outside, look everywhere, no box. And knowing a catback would be in a large box I start looking for tracks from a dolly in the grass. Nothing. So I call the 1-800 number and they contact the driver who says he "may" have left it on a neighbors porch instead. I search all of the surrounding houses and nothing. So they say they'll send the driver out the next day. I'm home waiting this time and guess what he pulls out of the truck? My cat-back. Funny thing is that it rained the whole day prior. And the box was bone dry. :rollseyes

I'll never order anything shipped through them again.

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
They are all the same i use to be in the freight buisness and things get damaged all the time.I would call UPS and tell them what happend im sure they will take care of you. Try and talk to the o,s and d people.(over short and damaged)

Users who are viewing this thread