UPR's Redesigned Catch Can

70monte

Established Member
I installed the can today and here are a couple of pictures. I did take it on a short drive and the can still gets hot enough that you cannot leave your hand on it.
002_zpsgdc6m94z.jpg

001_zpsthyunjqh.jpg

70monte

Established Member
I just wanted to give a short update on running this can. I ran it for 255 miles and then checked the exit line coming out of the can and found no signs of oil. I put a new Q-tip inside the fitting and ran it around and no residue came back on it.

I did add the extra SS mesh in the bottom of the can which I mentioned above which I think helped because I didn't have any real oil on the middle diffuser or SS mesh ring like I did on the previous version of this can at about the same mileage. I did have oil in the bottom of the can, probably about 1/2 a tsp.

Wayne

Last edited:

70monte

Established Member
Another short update. I ran the car 278 miles and this time I did find some small signs of oil inside the fitting exiting the can using a new Q-tip. I also checked the fitting at the intake and found only a trace amount of oil on a new Q-tip. I didn't open the can up to see how much oil was in there.

Wayne

Users who are viewing this thread