UPR X-pipe

jasonc32amg

Established Member
I was going to get pullied this weekend but the shop's puller is out of commision:mj: Instead I was thinking about a UPR o/r/ xpipe.

Is this a plug and play system as far as the (4) o2 sensors go? I have a predator so I can turn the rears off. I just want to make sure before I pick it up that there are no install issues I need to be aware of.

J

jasonc32amg

Established Member
Originally posted by fubu795
Nope, installed is cake and the fit is perfect. No leaking problems or nothing, excellent product to go with!

Excellent, thanks for the feedback:thumbsup:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Go for it. I love my UPR X pipe. Great price and perfect fit. Sounds awesome also. Black03

jeffsvt

Established Member
Originally posted by jasonc32amg
Cool... I have the magnaflow catback and the car is still quiet as hell...

It is a great x-pipe for the price ! Here is a video of mine in the dyno if you want to get an idea of what it sounds like with a magnaflow catback . Ignore the tire spin on the dyno , this sorry ass place doesn't know how to strap a car dwon tight enough .

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/demum/Jeffsdyno.WMV

Black03Poison

And there must be some disadvantage based upon simple economics... and that is what? The material the pipe is made from? I'm also speaking of the catted-xpipe and not the off-road.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Work smarter not harder.....

I live in alaska, some of the shitty roads known to man, worst conditions, and ive had my UPR X on for over a year with no problems, no rust etc. Good enough for me.....

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Appears that with some applications, the off road X actually causes a decrease in power due to a reduction in boost because of less restriction. Amazon Racing has seen this with the dyno testing of several Terminators. But, the reduction can't possibly be significant and they sure will bring the noise level alive.......

jasonc32amg

Established Member
Originally posted by jeffsvt
It is a great x-pipe for the price ! Here is a video of mine in the dyno if you want to get an idea of what it sounds like with a magnaflow catback . Ignore the tire spin on the dyno , this sorry ass place doesn't know how to strap a car dwon tight enough .

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/demum/Jeffsdyno.WMV
Thanks for the link, that sounds sweet. I picked the pipe up but it looks like the shop is going to have to relocate the rear o2 sensors. On the x-pipe they are too far forward... I can't wait to hear it.

As far as any reduction in boost, I'll compensate for that with a pulley:p

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra03FLA
Broke 7... Cool avatar pic can you post the larger size? Cant really tell but it looks like a hard 1-2 shift??

I believe that he is actually going about 70 to 80 on that sideways shot...lol

Rick

jasonc32amg

Established Member
Got the pipe on today...turn out the 02 sensor locations were correct :)

The car sounds sweet and revs out very nice. I mau have lost a little low end torque but it revs much more freely now. For the money this has to be the best o/r pipe going...

Users who are viewing this thread