UPR offroad X

weatherman

Established Member
I am thinking about getting a UPR o/r x for my 2004 cobra, currently I have a bassani catback with stock manifolds and stock cats. I have a couple general questions before buying.

Will the UPR x bolt right up to the bassani system and stock manifolds?
Does upr make a stainless X?
Where should I buy the MIL eliminators to avoid throwing a check engine light?

Any help is greatly appreciated, along with any videos of this combo.

jdm99svt

jdm99svt
Established Member
Upr x

I've got one and it bolted right up to my stock Manifolds and also to (2) different catbacks I've had - Magnaflow & Mac.....I did not have to use any MIL eliminators on my '04 :shrug: I put plugs in the holes and have never had a "check engine" light. As far as I know they do not make a stainless version but the company "Pypes" makes a stainless pipe that looks identical to the UPR. Get one, it sounds sick!

Satin03

Established Member
Bolted right up to my Bassani and other catbacks (Mac, Flowmaster) with no issues. Sounds great too! As mentioned they don't make a stainless version for some reason although I would probably shy away from Pypes. I have heard nothing but horror stories on their stuff. No personal experience to speak of...just what I've read/heard. Enjoy!

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
UPR's X-Pipes were copied from VRS out of Miami, FL.
Click Here For VRS X-PIPES

They are currently made in Canada by a company and they pay around $39 a piece for the galvanized.

If you want stainless I would go with either VRS or someone like Magnaflow.

Any of them should bolt up to your car with your set up.

You will not need MIL eliminators if you get a tune.

Cobra 6245

Established Member
i currently have a upr O/R X and it sounds great fits well and I use no MIL eliminators. If your not in a big hurry I'll be selling mine once my turbo kit gets here if not no big deal just thought I would through that out there.

weatherman

Established Member
i currently have a upr O/R X and it sounds great fits well and I use no MIL eliminators. If your not in a big hurry I'll be selling mine once my turbo kit gets here if not no big deal just thought I would through that out there.

thanks for the offer, what is your timeframe? Also did the pipe set off an engine light w/o the eliminators?

Cobra 6245

Established Member
Hopefully just a few weeks. It shouldn't take long my turbo kit should be here next week and then I just have to take the car to my brother in laws shop to do the work. My car was tuned when the exhaust was put on so no MILs. The x pipe is in good shape and I would ask only $75 plus shipping if you want it. I could pm you if you want to wait a few weeks just let me know.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
UPR's X-Pipes were copied from VRS out of Miami, FL.
Click Here For VRS X-PIPES

They are currently made in Canada by a company and they pay around $39 a piece for the galvanized.

If you want stainless I would go with either VRS or someone like Magnaflow.

Any of them should bolt up to your car with your set up.

You will not need MIL eliminators if you get a tune.

Hey Kevin,

VRS was run out of Miami Muffler correct?

off topic, anyone know of someone that makes a inexpensive aluminzed o/r H?

weatherman

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread