UPR Clutch adjuster items: Need your advice.

VeNoMiZeD

Established Member
Well I decided I'm going to order the clutch adjuster for my Cobra. When shifting at times at high RPMS my clutch lodges into something (not sure what), without grinding from 2nd to 3rd shift. When that happens, I usually let go of the clutch and press the clutch in again and pull it out with some what little force. I usually down shift to second and upshift to 3rd to make sure my clutch is ok, and everything seems normal. It only happens when I do high RPM shifting. So I wanted to know which items from the UPR website do I need?

UPR WEBSITE

Or should I go with another brand? From reading past post, it seems as though UPR is the choosen one. I just want to make sure this is the right one. I plan on going to the track in about 2 weeks and dont want to have this problem when Im there as I did my very first time late last year. Thanks for your time and help.

Rio

I like my UPR stuff......just order the firewall adjuster and triple hook quad........the stock cable is best.......

not sure if anyone else has done this, but when I installed the quad, the clutch pedal height increased.....for some that might not be a bad thing, but for someone who is 6'2", it is a bad thing.......I fabbed a bracket that drops the pedal to just a little under stock.......love it!

Rio

Originally posted by VeNoMiZeD
Thanks, you beat me to it.

double locking definitely......

be forewarned, the quadrant is sort of a pain.....not so much installing the new one, but removing the stock parts....someone here did a write up on it...maybe they'll chime in......if not, you might have to search through the pages to find it....

if you are mechanical inclined, I'd advise you to remove the front seat.......it's just some nuts and disconnecting a plug, but it will help you a lot.....

Rio

since I've given this much advise, I might as well keep going......

the firewall adjuster will have to be fully assembled when you drive in the bottom mounting screw......the valve cover prevents you from screwing the adjuster into the baseplate after mounting.........

and to get the stock units off you will have to relieve the pressure from stock cable and adjuster....i foudn it easiest to put the car on ramps and remove the clutch linkage to the tranny...., it takes what I remember to be a 7mm wrench or socket (but don't trust be on this, as it might have been anywhere between 7 and 10 mm) to remove the dust shield, pull on the clutch arm linkage and slide the cable out......

install quad and cable......(you will have to break/remove the stock firewall adapter).....hook it to the second position on the quad to start, then screw the adjuster all the way in to give you slack......hook the tranny link back up......unscrew adjuster until you have tension......drive, see how you like, adjust.....

it sounds worse than it is......

VeNoMiZeD

Established Member
I just ordered it. Should get here in 3 days. Never installed one, so hopefully its not to hard. Taking the driver seat out is 5 minute job, had to take out my passenger one, when I did my Raptor shifter. So I will definetly do that, to make it easier.

Hopefully I can see that write up. The PowerPoint for the Raptor shifter helped me out ALOT. I probably wouldn't have been able to do it without it. Im a visual person, espcially when doing things as these, because I never done them before.

I hope this takes care of my problem.

:beer:

Rio

I totally understand, I'm a visual person too.....you give me written instructions and I might as well be blind.......

if you can't find the write up, then just remember this:

when removing the stock quad assembly, there are 4 pieces that must come off:

1. stock white plastic quad adjuster
2. spring that holds it in place
3. white plastic tension adjuster on the rotating shaft
4. spring attached to tension adjuster (which is the biggest pain to get off)

hope that helps.........

TRBO VNM

funny this pops up. I just finished doing the instructions for this exact setup...the extreme firewall adjuster and triple hook. I love the setup. Anyway, I posted I think last week wanting some people to read it that have done it before to make sure I didn't forget anything, but nobody on here responded. some others from other sites did and I oly heard back from one...so hopefully all is good. I know it will be put up on a couple sites in tech article sections.

venomized, I will see if I can email it to you. it is a .pdf file and has pics. you should not have to remove the seat. I was able to lean in and look under, basically bottom door jam in my arm pit if that make sense. I am not sure if there is a tech/install article forum here or not. I know there are FAQ's, but not sure if it can go there or not...anyway, I will see if it can be emailed to you or I will PM you and get me your email addy. mine is

[email protected]

The job should take 30-45min for someone who hasn't done it before. Maybe an hour. I redid the job to get the pics and it took 20min.

2JZFAN

Established Member
Call Walt at Pro Motion Powertrain Products.. his firewall adjuster and clutch quadrant are superior to all others. I posted pictures and explenation on here or modularfords some time ago. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread