upper pulley with my 10% lower??

13GT500SG

Established Member
I have the scj monoblade tb, jlt 123, 10% lower, offroad x, and magnaflow comp muffler deletes. Along with some suspension mods, drs, and 373s.

Call me crazy but I need more power! My goal is to trap 140 with this car. Does anyone have the 10 lower with a smaller upper? Would this be ok on pump gas? My car makes around 16.5 lbs boost now im guessing with a smaller upper itd make an extra 2lbs? Total boost being between 18.5 and 19psi boost? Does this sound right? Also which upper would you guys go with. Will belt slip come into play?

I appreciate your help guys!

Shhhh

Established Member
I plan on doing this exact setup as I already have an upper pulley and wanting more power. Im surprised you're only showing 16.5psi with a 10%. I figured it would be closer to 17-18 range.

13GT500SG

Established Member
Well i just found out that our in car digital gauge is infered. In other words it calculates boost and doesnt read a true reading. So 17lbs is where i should be. How much more boost will i make with the upper? Must i do headers? Is this safe with 93?

SVT RICK

Established Member
I'm running both 10% lower and upper pulley on 93 pump gas. Last dyno had me at 18.52 boost from dyno computer not the dash gauge.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member

RedfireWhipple

Established Member
Man -- those wheels on the Fastlane car in my opinion look really bad.. I mean - they literally have single handedly made the car look cheap. I love True Forged wheels but man , I really think that was a poor choice of style on those wheels -- they just don't look good on there. Did anyone else read this and look at the #'s and wonder why the TQ was lower than other cars that have done upper and lower without the "port job" ? Don't get me wrong, 730 and 680 is awesome but in the world of 13 GT500's , it's off compared to most others that have lower and upper

SVT RICK

Established Member
Man -- those wheels on the Fastlane car in my opinion look really bad.. I mean - they literally have single handedly made the car look cheap. I love True Forged wheels but man , I really think that was a poor choice of style on those wheels -- they just don't look good on there. Did anyone else read this and look at the #'s and wonder why the TQ was lower than other cars that have done upper and lower without the "port job" ? Don't get me wrong, 730 and 680 is awesome but in the world of 13 GT500's , it's off compared to most others that have lower and upper

Thanks for your opinion.. I haven't had many people tell me my car looks cheap and slow. But hey you can't please everyone and that wasn't my goal.

SVT RICK

Established Member

BIRDDOC

Established Member
I haven't had a chance to take to the track yet, weather is so tricky here. Plan on taking to the track this spring. Looking to get it in the 10's ,I hope.

A little voice in my head tells me you won't have much trouble :)
I hit 10.7 at 134 full weight at 722/730 on MT et street II's (305),
and your putting more down to the wheels that I was. You'll have a big grin after some track time I'm sure :)

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
any of you crazies looking to unload your 10 lower for something better? I am a buyer for a nice used 10 lower :rockon:

13GT500SG

Established Member
What do you guys think about a dry 50 shot with my 10%? Im at 700/670 now.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
What do you guys think about a dry 50 shot with my 10%? Im at 700/670 now.

A wet kit would be the better choice in my opinion. Either way you'll see some pretty healthy gains with nitrous. We sprayed our car with a 100 shot on top of the 15% lower and made some insane Tq.

Users who are viewing this thread