Upper / Lower pulley question

346CamaroSS

Established Member
So I just sent my blower to Posi and rcvd word that the upper pulley was damaged during shipping ((2.75 R.R.) F-U very much UPS) . During this process I also went ahead and ordered a 4# lower and 3.2 alternator pulley to compliment my port & 2.75 upper.

In regards to the upper, I have read that going with a 2.93 upper will help reduce belt slip and make damn near similar numbers to that with a 2.7X upper.

Shitty thing is the 3.2 pulley / 4# is already on its way as well as a 79" belt I just purchased from Amazon(.com)

Should I just stick to a 2.75 upper or should I go the route of a 2.93? If I go with the larger upper will the 3.2 alternator pulley still work ok? And I'm assuming I'd need a 80" + belt?

Any advice would be truly appreciated. :beer:

cobracide

Established Member
Stick with a 2.9x upper with a 4# lower unless you have heavy cooling mods on the street. Ie. killer chiller or drag racing and with an ice box. More belt wrap and cooler. Underspin the alt with a 3.5" alt pulley.

Last edited:

346CamaroSS

Established Member
Stick with a 2.9x upper with a 4# lower unless you have heavy cooling mods on the street. Ie. killer chiller or drag racing and with an ice box. More belt wrap and cooler. Underspin the alt with a 3.5" alt pulley.

I already have a 3.2" on its way.....

pa19251.jpg

pa19252.jpg

pa19253.jpg

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

Well, it isn't 100% clear, but from the looks of it, you didn't pack the blower properly in order to prevent the damage. What was protecting the snout or pulley in that corner/edge of the box? I see the foam underneath, but nothing around the pulley/snout. If that is the case, you can't get pissed at UPS.

This is why I always recommend people take the snout off and ship it in a separate box from the rotorpack and casing. It makes packing both much easier in regards to finding a box and protecting them both with bubble wrap.

Putting arrows for this end up, fragile stickers, etc, imo does not work. Just like Jim Carrey in the pet detective, the shipping companies don't care. you should see the pictures I have from a guy that shipped me an eaton conversion setup. NO PACKING material used at all. Parts just thrown in the boxes on top of eachother and shipped. Posi gets to go through that blower and check seals and bearings now.

I would do the 2.93 and stick with the 3.2 for alt. Check your voltages with that setup and then determine if a 3.5 or stock alt pulley is required. I run a 2.76 upper and 4# lower and had the 3.2 alt, turned out my alt was under 12.5 volts in the upper rpm ranges. So I just put the stock alt pulley back on. I do have 3 gss342 pumps though.

346CamaroSS

Established Member
There was a whole package of bubble wrap in the box. There was foam below and on top of the blower holding it in place. UPS told me it could take 7-10 days for them to come out and check it out... I'm not really interested in waiting that long.

Regardless, I think I will take your advice and go with a 2.9X pulley for more belt wrap.... Shitty thing is I just rcvd a K080780 belt last night.

Users who are viewing this thread