Upper control arm question

Mrfoca

Established Member
Have a question. Bought the ford racing lower control arms and relocate brackets. Non adjustable panhard bar. Looking to do the entire rear suspension at this time. Do I need the adjustable upper arm or will the no adjustable be fine ? Car is stock height not lowered. Also looking into shocks to buy.

Thanks.

BMR Tech

If you stay stock ride height, and stay with the stock driveshaft - you do not need to worry about adjustability on the UCA.

If you stay stock ride height, and use an aftermarket DS (even with a CV) - I recommend getting an adjustable UCA.

If you lower the car, ever, I recommend going with an adjustable UCA.

Hope that helps.

BMR Tech 2

Tree'd by Kelly!

If you are going to spend the time installing an upper control arm, I would recommend just biting the bullet and doing an adjustable. That way if you decide to lower the car in the future, you don't have to buy another upper control arm.

For just regular street shocks, it's hard to beat the Koni Str.T. They ride great, they're inexpensive, and carry a lifetime warranty from Koni.

Mrfoca

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. I don't plan on lowering the car anytime soon. Just trying to get power to the road instead of spin city which I have going on lol. I was looking at the koni shocks along with the bilstein shocks also. I'm sure anything is better than the stock ones. Is the panhard bar support worth buying ? I don't mind spending the money if it's worth the money.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Tree'd by Kelly!

If you are going to spend the time installing an upper control arm, I would recommend just biting the bullet and doing an adjustable. That way if you decide to lower the car in the future, you don't have to buy another upper control arm.

For just regular street shocks, it's hard to beat the Koni Str.T. They ride great, they're inexpensive, and carry a lifetime warranty from Koni.

This!!! I have the Koni Str.T struts and shocks all around with BMR drag springs, rides and handles great. The ride I would say is better than the track pack shocks/struts and springs the car came with.

Users who are viewing this thread