Upgrading the car... without the car

Superhawk2002

Established Member
I have a brand new whipple 3.4 I bought for my Lightning that I am selling/trading in for the GT500. I just got off the phone with whipple and found out it can be converted to work on the 13.......

Ohhhh, wanna sell it instead? :coolman:

I got my VIN today. Super excited that these parts will find a home soon.

Superhawk2002

Established Member
The car is scheduled to be delivered via truck tomorrow to the dealership. I seriously can't believe it is finally here.

Let the mods begin. It's going to Mike Raisor Ford to have all the above mods installed.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
The car is scheduled to be delivered via truck tomorrow to the dealership. I seriously can't believe it is finally here.

Let the mods begin. It's going to Mike Raisor Ford to have all the above mods installed.

Sweet! Congrats on the great news! :rockon:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
When my '14 is getting built I'm sure I will want to revisit this thread. Subing.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member

Based on what's happened to some other people...put a few hundred miles on the car varying the RPM's before you put the mods on.

Congrats

Joe5.0

Established Member
Anyone else have a bunch of new parts to go into the car they ordered?

I started gathering all the parts for the new car that has been on order twice for over 12 weeks. Pretty much everything I have came from Lethal or Revan. I can't post anything on the new car, so figured this would help scratch the itch.

I already had a few items from my 09 GT500. SCT, pulleys, and intake. I purchased a new tune for the 2013, but have to wait to get the ECM code before I can get the new tune. The throttle body came courtesy of a buddy who didn't need it anymore. It was used for mockup on one of his cars.

IMG_20120909_141758_058.jpg

IMG_20120909_142647_074.jpg

Started with gears. Really went back and forth between 3.73 and 4.10's. For my style of driving, 3.73's seemed to be the best idea.

IMG_20120909_142108_162.jpg

Suspension was next. I ordered a set of Bob's LCA's. Got the free fogs, licence plate, and map lights with the purchase. A set of Eibach pro springs are on the way -- thanks Van.

IMG_20120909_141822_490.jpg

IMG_20120909_141956_461.jpg

Really went back and forth on headers too. I ended up deciding on the Kook's 1 7/8" headers with the catted H-pipe. No emissions here, but just in case we move. I also think the cats tone down the drone some.

IMG_20120909_142216_850.jpg

IMG_20120909_142156_509.jpg

I hate that Ford didn't put some decent hood struts on these cars. Def worthwhile upgrade on my 09, so throwing it on the 13 as well.

IMG_20120909_141911_602.jpg

More to come once the rest of the parts get here. Drag radials, some new wheels, window covers, and a few other goodies are on the way. Only thing left to get for the moment is the Fays2 watts link. Really thinking of getting the Cervini side exhaust kit...

What exact Intake kit is that and where did you purchase it from?

MNCobra

Established Member
was going to do the same, load up on mod parts, but a wise man here said to hold off and put miles on it first and after all the post i have read i think it is very wise to wait...but thats me...its your car and its for your enjoyment...cograts and good luck with everything...

SVTKen

Established Member
The only thing I have in advance for my Shelby is the no-drill front license plate bracket. I assume you live in a state that doesn't require one because you didn't show that part.

662HP631TQ

Established Member
I have a bunch of mods waiting on my car when I go home and pick it up. All of them are non-power and non suspension so I think I'll be ok, the only thing remotely close to being engine related is the Oil Separator. That is it. Car has enough HP for me.

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
Where in Indiana are you? I would absolutely love to see this car in person when you get it.

Users who are viewing this thread