Upgrading the car... without the car

Superhawk2002

Established Member
Anyone else have a bunch of new parts to go into the car they ordered?

I started gathering all the parts for the new car that has been on order twice for over 12 weeks. Pretty much everything I have came from Lethal or Revan. I can't post anything on the new car, so figured this would help scratch the itch.

I already had a few items from my 09 GT500. SCT, pulleys, and intake. I purchased a new tune for the 2013, but have to wait to get the ECM code before I can get the new tune. The throttle body came courtesy of a buddy who didn't need it anymore. It was used for mockup on one of his cars.

IMG_20120909_141758_058.jpg

IMG_20120909_142647_074.jpg

Started with gears. Really went back and forth between 3.73 and 4.10's. For my style of driving, 3.73's seemed to be the best idea.

IMG_20120909_142108_162.jpg

Suspension was next. I ordered a set of Bob's LCA's. Got the free fogs, licence plate, and map lights with the purchase. A set of Eibach pro springs are on the way -- thanks Van.

IMG_20120909_141822_490.jpg

IMG_20120909_141956_461.jpg

Really went back and forth on headers too. I ended up deciding on the Kook's 1 7/8" headers with the catted H-pipe. No emissions here, but just in case we move. I also think the cats tone down the drone some.

IMG_20120909_142216_850.jpg

IMG_20120909_142156_509.jpg

I hate that Ford didn't put some decent hood struts on these cars. Def worthwhile upgrade on my 09, so throwing it on the 13 as well.

IMG_20120909_141911_602.jpg

More to come once the rest of the parts get here. Drag radials, some new wheels, window covers, and a few other goodies are on the way. Only thing left to get for the moment is the Fays2 watts link. Really thinking of getting the Cervini side exhaust kit...

Last edited:

nix5o

Established Member
Diggin the headers and h-pipe. What did those set you back? Are you going to leave the stock cat back?

Marc

Established Member
My car is still a couple months out, but I have a few basics waiting for it, Airaid Filter, Carbon Fiber Tube, Redline Hoodshocks, aftermarket color matching shiftball, & Bobs custom painted Oil Filter--powdercoated fittings & bracket with braided hose.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
It seemed like back when I was buying mods for my Cobra (In 2003) is was kind of an understood No-No that H pipes didn't sound right on a Modular motor. Is the "H-pipe for the old Fox 5.0 and X-pipe for the Modular motor" unspoken rule out of date and I'm way out of the loop, or is there something new about the 2013 that makes an H-pipe sound good with it as well? I always liked the sound of an H-pipe better, but not on my 03 Cobra I didn't.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
It seemed like back when I was buying mods for my Cobra (In 2003) is was kind of an understood No-No that H pipes didn't sound right on a Modular motor. Is the "H-pipe for the old Fox 5.0 and X-pipe for the Modular motor" unspoken rule out of date and I'm way out of the loop, or is there something new about the 2013 that makes an H-pipe sound good with it as well? I always liked the sound of an H-pipe better, but not on my 03 Cobra I didn't.

to me H pipe still sounds better regardless

OP, nice mods going to be fun!

farmboy90

Established Member
Yeah, I had FRPP springs, panhard bar, camber bolts, redline hood struts waiting for my car. All that is already installed and I only had about 70 miles on the car at the time.

Now I just need my JLT intake, tune, and TB. Just waiting for the right price I think... Van keeps tempting me.... :)

Superhawk2002

Established Member
Diggin the headers and h-pipe. What did those set you back? Are you going to leave the stock cat back?

Bought them from Lethal during their Labor Day sale. 50 bux to ship.
H-pipe = 518
Headers = 857

I am deciding what to go with on the cat back system. I will prob buy a Cervinis side exhaust kit. If not, I will be waiting to see how the different Borla mufflers sound. Just depends on who comes out with what in the next 4 to 6 weeks.

Tonyalaskarms

Harley Rider
Established Member
My car is still a couple months out, but I have a few basics waiting for it, Airaid Filter, Carbon Fiber Tube, Redline Hoodshocks, aftermarket color matching shiftball, & Bobs custom painted Oil Filter--powdercoated fittings & bracket with braided hose.

Marc

Were did you get the Braided hose and fittings? Do you have any part numbers?

rancid

Established Member

I had an X-pipe on my 2V 96 GT and an H-pipe on my 2000 Saleen and loved the H combo over the X all day long, and so did a lot of my friends that knew both cars. Now granted I had flowmasters on the 96 and MAC's on the 2000 and I think that had a lot to do with it as well.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I had an X-pipe on my 2V 96 GT and an H-pipe on my 2000 Saleen and loved the H combo over the X all day long, and so did a lot of my friends that knew both cars. Now granted I had flowmasters on the 96 and MAC's on the 2000 and I think that had a lot to do with it as well.

Oh that's right, I forgot about the "straight through" muffler design versus the baffled. Thanks for the reminder.

Superhawk2002

Established Member
Shelby window covers came in.

These were something I thought I would like. Chances are good they will be going back. They just look really cheap to me now that I have them. I also thought they were a open design.

sidescoops.jpg

Anyone else using them?

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
see my thread a couple down. i had the 680rwhp power pack from lethal sitting around for a month or two, as well as the catless midpipe and some aesthetics, shifter, etc. my clutch just fried itself with normal driving at 171 miles. yeah, i'm going to hold off on any mods for a while, and i'd recommend the same to anyone thinking of voiding their warranty so soon

Superhawk2002

Established Member
Eibach springs are here. Starting to wonder if I will even get a 2013 car. Maybe it's time to just find one that works versus one loaded the way I want it... Kind of getting the itch to just go pick one up at a dealer.

eibachsprings.jpg

eibachsprings2.jpg

Superhawk2002

Established Member
see my thread a couple down. i had the 680rwhp power pack from lethal sitting around for a month or two, as well as the catless midpipe and some aesthetics, shifter, etc. my clutch just fried itself with normal driving at 171 miles. yeah, i'm going to hold off on any mods for a while, and i'd recommend the same to anyone thinking of voiding their warranty so soon

I don't have the patience to not start playing with the car. All the mods are getting put on at the dealer before I even pick it up. If the clutch goes, I will just upgrade it. If the motor goes, prob sit in the garage for a year or two (the wife will kill me). :lol1::lol1:

Superhawk2002

Established Member
Oil separator is here.

oilseperator.jpg

Last things are the new wheels, drag radials, fays 2 watts link, and some sort of exhaust from the headers back. Staying away from the NOS for the time being.

Nickoli

Established Member
I have a brand new whipple 3.4 I bought for my Lightning that I am selling/trading in for the GT500. I just got off the phone with whipple and found out it can be converted to work on the 13.......

Users who are viewing this thread