upgrading my blower, need some help

mcallister

Established Member
well its time for me to upgrade and try to squeeze some more power out of my cobra. ive got a 03 with american racing long tubes, off road x pipe, mac cat back, spec stage 3 clutch and fly wheel, steeda quadrant, steeda intake. irs bushings and some nitto drag radials. im running the stock eaton right now with a 2.8. im looking to either go with a whipple 2.3, 2.9, or a TVS. at this point im leaning in the direction of the TVS, what is everyone elses opinion on a blower and what fuel system should i go with? what are some other supporting mods i should get? im looking to make as much power as i can safely make with 93 pump, thinking around 650rwhp range. i only use the car for cruising and playing around on the weekends and rarely go to the strip. thank you all for the help.

racebronco2

Established Member
I have a 2.3 whipple at 553hp 15psi and i get pretty good traction even on nitto drag radials off the line. I recently installed a 17psi pulley and the tq is so much more that as soon as i go wot in first gear the tires spin instantly, traction is non existent in first gear. Traction is going to be challenge.

I have two gt pumps and a b-a-p set at in the middle. The rest of my mods are in my signature.

mcallister

Established Member
i was thinking of either going with the lethal budget return system or the twin gt pumps. how much of a pain is it to go return style as im going to install everything myself.

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
Learn from my mistake and go return less from the get go! I installed the Lethal budget system and it was a breeze especially with their new harness.

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
As it comes, they rate it at 750 but I upgraded to 340lph pumps and a -8 feed line which should put the capacity right around 800-850. The only thing I don't have are the rails which I won't be changing until I swap blowers.

Leo0916

Established Member
I'm running a 2.9 crusher and a return style fuel system. Factory manifolds, high flow magnaflow x pipe and magnaflow cat back.. 630 on the wheels rigt now. Ordered kooks LT's with offload x and a 3" pulley for the 2.9..

mcallister

Established Member
well this is the list of parts i think im ordering, let me know if im missing anything or if theres something in here that you would change. remember im shooting for 650 with 93 pump.

siemen deka 80lb injectors
denso it22 plugs
sct x3 hand held with a remote tune from john lund
jlt high boost intake
sct ba3000 90mm maf sensor
2.9 whipple w/o the crusher
4 piece billet flow idler pulleys
lethals 4v budget return fuel system

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
well this is the list of parts i think im ordering, let me know if im missing anything or if theres something in here that you would change. remember im shooting for 650 with 93 pump.

denso it22 plugs
jlt high boost intake

ya, r u going to get fuel rails the rest looks similar to mine

Last edited:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
you dont need them but ...

1. cosmetically (sp) they look better
2. there is a provision to mount your fuel regulator on it
3. cannot be installed w/o removing the blower

nycarpenter

Established Member

denso it22 plugs
jlt high boost intake

Have 2.9 whipple no crusher inlet and have done 650 tire on cobra pumps 60s bap w/ line upgrade. This was pump 93 with torco for good measure. 3.50 pulley stock manifolds OR X and straight thru mufflers. Spark 19 along with 19 psi. A/F 11.7 the whole way to redline. Not saying this is for everyone but it works.

mcallister

Established Member
well all the parts I listed are ordered and I also added an accufab tb. Going to do the install myself once everything arrives...wish me luck.

Users who are viewing this thread