Upgrading DD brake suggestions

CobraJay

Established Member
2011 Acadia Denali AWD. Needs all new brakes. I'd like to go a step or two above OE quality. Coming across brands like Stop Tech, Power Stop, EBC, Brembo, Baer, Hawk, Centric. I guess my real question here is how well does Stop Tech & Power Stop compare to Brembo. Those two brands have some nice priced kits that include front & rear rotors/pads ranging from $300+ to around $450.

MFE

Established Member
How do you use it, and where is it showing shortcomings? If it's just street driving, you'd be surprised what a simple pad swap can do, but it's almost impossible to get better-biting pads with more fade resistance that don't create more dust. Are you towing with it, driving in the mountains? You'll want bigger, heavier rotors to handle more heat.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
EBC and Hawk HP are some pretty good pads, only thing about the EBC is they create a little more dust than the HP's and OEM types, but they do their job and haul you down to a stop quickly and efficiently

CobraJay

Established Member
Only haul 2 kids and the wife's pain in the ass. No towing. She is a bit on the aggressive side when braking. We've had the vehicle just over a year and rotors warped about 7 months in. So def need upgraded rotors.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I just did the rotors and pads in the 5.0, I went with Centric blanks e coated and their Stop Tech pads, they bite well and pedal feel is good but the brake dust is pretty bad.

Users who are viewing this thread