Upgrades for ported Eaton?

Mrbroccoli84

Established Member
60 lb injectors...MAF...BAP...longtubes(?). Am I missing anything?

BTW currently have 2.8 pulley, off-road H pipe, K&N intake, and accufab oval throttle body. Just looking for a measly 550 or so WHP. Steer me in the right direction.

KLLR SNK

Established Member
With your 2.8 upper I would add a 2lb lower. Although I like a 2.9 upper with a 4# lower better. But 550hp on the Eaton is a really happy dyno or wild dream.

Mrbroccoli84

Established Member
I've dealt with mainly turbo vehicles. Owned a dozen mustangs but this is my first terminator. Heat issues with the 2.8?? Is that the issue ??

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Skip the long tubes and port, put that money towards a Whipple.
Some people like the bigger upper/lower combo to avoid belt slip. The 2.8 #2 and 2.9 4# will be similar blower rpm.

GodStang

Established Member
60 lb injectors...MAF...BAP...longtubes(?). Am I missing anything?

BTW currently have 2.8 pulley, off-road H pipe, K&N intake, and accufab oval throttle body. Just looking for a measly 550 or so WHP. Steer me in the right direction.

The only Eaton that will get you 550 would be a TVS. Unless you are running high compression hitting 550rwhp will be a tall task without the bottle. Not impossible as there has been rumors since 2003 of people hitting 600rwhp with heavily modded cars. Proof was always sketchy at best.

I've dealt with mainly turbo vehicles. Owned a dozen mustangs but this is my first terminator. Heat issues with the 2.8?? Is that the issue ??

When you start to get too small of an upper you can start to get belt slip so some prefer a little bit bigger upper and then a bigger lower to give you that nice belt wrap.

blownstang4.6

Established Member
With the addition of a lower pulley you'll still need to bring your expectation down a bit. The low compression on the termi motors sucks. You need to spin the crap out of a blower to make decent power.

fivelitrecobra

Established Member
2# lower, heat exchanger, ported matched plenum, accessory idler, etc. Good bang for your buck mods. I would hold off on the long tubes if you're going to stay with the stock blower, small gains aren't worth the money or time to install.

550 may be out of reach with the stock blower. My old 03 had a Steggy port, TB and plenum, intake, heat exchanger, TF blower tank, 2.9 upper 4# lower, offroad X and exhaust. Made 502/490, good for 10.88 @ 128 in the 1/4.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have a 2.8" upper and an Afco dual pass heat exchanger. I don't have any real heat issues. Only times the temps went pretty high was when I was stuck in traffic in 100 degree weather.

I think it's more like the others explained, lower your expectations if you want to keep the eaton.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Think I was 17lbs with a 2.8 upper and 4lb lower ported and polished. Then I went twin screw so as mentioned ....just get blown by some twins :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree with @GodStang about a larger upper (2.9) and a 4 lb. lower being a preferred combo by many. If you're going to keep the factory Eaton then I highly recommend you consider porting it for optimal power. When all is said and done, with a GOOD tune and ported Eaton, you should be happy with 510-525 rwhp.

I also agree that LTs are not a good bang for the buck investment with your mods. They're not cheap and not easy to install, as noted by @fivelitrecobra. But, that sound can't be denied.

Mrbroccoli84

Established Member
Sorry guys in Afghanistan so it's hard to get some decent internet. Appreciate the replies. 510-525 is perfect. I guess what I should have said is 550 at THE MOST. Happy that long tubes aren't necessary as I've heard they are notorious for leaking! It's a vert and going to be mostly just brought out a couple of times during week for nice days and shows/meets.

keith89

Established Member
565rwhp/570 rwtq here. I basically built the car up to go bigger blower but ended up ditching the 1/4 for road courses.
Engine:
Stock compression
2.8 upper/4lb lower Ported Eaton
Ford GT Cams
Dragon TB
JLT Ram air intake

Exhaust:
Mac long tubes
BBK catted H(would net more with an X)
Magnaflow catback

Fuel:
60lb injectors
Fore fuel Rails
Return fuel with sumped tank and magnaflow external pump -10AN Feed/-8AN Return(deadhead railds)
Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator

Intercooler:
Afco dual pass heat exchanger
Trunk mounted tank(4 gallon)
Jabsco pump
Cobra Engineering Intercooler adapter 3/4" feed/return ports
Killer Chiller

I have not put it on a dyno since so I do not know how much the following mods have affected the power numbers:
Electric Water Pump
Remote Oil cooler
Manual Steering & Brakes(still have AC)

Users who are viewing this thread