Upgrade blower on ~100k mile car?

robvas

Established Member
Would you do it or is just asking for trouble? Assuming compression test numbers come back hood etc

HKusp

Established Member
I can speak from experience. I bought my '09 with the stock Eaton and a pulley on it with 113k miles on it. I ran it like that for about 10k miles, then I upgraded to a Gen2R, 52lbers, etc. I ran it to 161,777 miles and it was running strong, burning no oil to speak of at that mileage the day I totaled it. Get your compression check done, and if it checks out, as LS WUT says, full send.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
100,000 miles is a stigma milestone. Cars from the 60’s, 70’s, and into the 80’s lasted about 100k before major issues arose. The machines of today are much better designed and built. 100,000 miles is close to 1/3 of what a properly maintained car can go. I think that somehow the ‘100,000 miles is the life expectancy craze’ came from that earlier time but isn’t applicable today.

mikes35

Established Member
My car has 184,000 miles. I bought a 2.3 tvs about 2 years ago and have been considering installing it. My car runs great as is but I am a little leery of rockin’ the boat. This thread has given me renewed interest in doing this upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

HKusp

Established Member
If you think you like it now, add 100 or so RWHP and see how you like it. I bet you will have a bigger smile on your face the first time you put your foot down in 2nd gear than you do now.

mikes35

Established Member
If you think you like it now, add 100 or so RWHP and see how you like it. I bet you will have a bigger smile on your face the first time you put your foot down in 2nd gear than you do now.

I also have a complete 2013 Torsen rear end with a 3.73 waiting in the wings. I'm just a little hesitant with this geriatric engine...

HKusp

Established Member
Well, how long have you owned it? Ever had an oil analysis done? It can tell you a lot about the condition of the engine.

Users who are viewing this thread