Updated ultimate cooling thread

1badtib

Established Member
Okay so my goal is 600whp/tq with my KB 2.6 and I want to make sure my cooling is 100% so I can beat the piss out of this car if wanted to. I looked up the old cooling thread and it showed a lot of old out of date evans cooling mods. I'm looking for the mods I can do with todays parts to make this car bulletproof.

So far I know I want

fluidyne radiator (do they have an option to incorporate the oil cooler in this too?)
oil relocation setup? (where do you guys mount filter and air to oil cooler?)
thermostat
thermostat housing??
remove factory oil cooler?

Parts I have:
-even flow cooling mod (haven't installed yet)
-afco head exchanger

looking to get this thread full of good info so that i can make this car tough. Thanks guys!

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Doesn't the KC just chill the intercooler. I am interested in the heads. I definitely need to get the head cooling mod done. Just to be on the safe side.

All the cooling mods in the world aren't going to keep your cylinder head temps down.

These aren't cars that you can just "beat the piss out of" with simple cooling mods. Need to know how to drive them and if you're really that gung ho about getting these cars into 'piss beating mode' then you have to consider tearing into the motor and upgrading some things.

Mike681

Established Member
killer chiller (lowers IC temp and prevents power fade), cooling mod, 170* thermostat, plenty of air flow, and an antifreeze/water combo with a higher percent of water to antifreeze since water cools better (also check out water wetter).

Don't beat the piss out of your car or it's going to beat the piss out of your wallet.

Still plenty of current info on the forums.

1badtib

Established Member
Okay so do most people still recommend the oil relocation and getting rid of out current thermostat housing and oil coolers?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Okay so do most people still recommend the oil relocation and getting rid of out current thermostat housing and oil coolers?

NO!

Just put the Reische thermostat in the stock housing and get a real temp gauge so you know here you are with temperature.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ostat-cooling-system-reische-performance.html
Run as much water as you can for what your freeze protection needs are in your area, as mentioned above water does transfer heat better than antifreeze. Also Royal Purple- Purple Ice will out perform any other wetting additive product on the market.

Also look at the threads posted by the two guys that do mile events.
racebronco2 and blaine@psi

One of the most potent, effective and best bang for the buck bullet proofing mod for a modified Terminator is the J&S Vampire.
J&S Vampire

The vampire should be seriously considered by any Terminator owner that is running more than stock boost. These cars do not have knock sensors!

Detonation is the most common killer of Terminators, it is also one of the most common cause of over heated/ over expanded pistons that maybe did not quite melt but did grow right our into the cylinder walls and nearly self destruct.

Users who are viewing this thread