Updated R owner list

Terry Moenich

Established Member
BillsSnake, Mine was originally from a Milwauke Wisconsin Dealer sent to a Ohio dealer, I purcheased from the Ohio dealer.

BillsSnake

Terry - have you had any problem with the paint bubbling on your hood? Mine just started about a month ago and is getting worse by the day. I have contacted a local dealer and they are trying to get Ford to fix it. The original window sticker that came on my car indicated that it had a 3 year 36K mile warranty. Which we know is not true. I personally love this car.

Andy M

Established Member
Mine has a few (very small area) small bubbles - looks like diaper rash... on the front left fender near the front light assembly. You can't tell unless you get real close.

I suppose the paint job on the R's was an afterthought...they were probably in a hurry to get them out of the door? Otherwise, my paint job looks fairly nice!

kevin

Originally posted by Andy M
Mine has a few (very small area) small bubbles - looks like diaper rash... on the front left fender near the front light assembly. You can't tell unless you get real close.

I suppose the paint job on the R's was an afterthought...they were probably in a hurry to get them out of the door? Otherwise, my paint job looks fairly nice!

a long time ago someone who was in the know said that the paint jobs were done by hand cause ford expected them to get painted by race teams.

BillsSnake

the bubbles on mine are popping out like pimples on a teenager going through puberty. Hand painting the R's would actually take more time so I doubt they did that. I will assume mine are because of the poor prep on the hood. Anyhow I doubt these pesky little things will affect aerodynamics. :gt:

BillsSnake

matt - Ford most likely has a intern program with a local drug rehab facility. My hood was painted the day of the corporate Picnic and Ford could care less. Fords new Corporate Logo should be "Buy an SVT product - But don't ask us to fix our poor quality JOB 1"

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by BillsSnake
matt - Ford most likely has a intern program with a local drug rehab facility. My hood was painted the day of the corporate Picnic and Ford could care less. Fords new Corporate Logo should be "Buy an SVT product - But don't ask us to fix our poor quality JOB 1"

Ford probly had a painting quality contest, the loosing contestants jobs were put on the R's because of the lack of warranty. :-?

LogiWorld123

Established Member
lol

its those damn unions.
all the things the unions fought for, fair wages, hours, benefits, are FEDERAL LAWS

you would think unions would go away, as their primary function has expired. Nope.

Essentially, unions have outlived their cause. Now they just bitch and bitch for more $$$.

Sigh

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by Cobra-R

Ford probly had a painting quality contest, the loosing contestants jobs were put on the R's because of the lack of warranty. :-?
LMAO

must have been the same guys who painted my Ranger GT and L............... :D

BillsSnake

Well, now that we have the paint problem solved I would like to offer my personal and biased opinion on a website. It is FlaSVT.com Just visited it and I am impressed. AND the babes are very very nice. ^5 :lol:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by BillsSnake
Well, now that we have the paint problem solved I would like to offer my personal and biased opinion on a website. It is FlaSVT.com Just visited it and I am impressed. AND the babes are very very nice. ^5 :lol:

You mean the other site i mod :D

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Originally posted by kevin
where is the bubbling occuring? i've not heard of this on anyone else yet.

I have about a dozen 1/8" diameter bubbles, mostly toward the crease on both sides....a few toward the middle as well....:mj: gonna plead my case with ford, but I'm sure it will get me nowhere....:cuss:

BillsSnake

I have not heard back from my local SVT dealer on the hood repaint. I think I will have to just spend a day and "bother" everyone from the dealership up to SVT. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread