Updated MGW Shifter handle

Mac99Snake

GSIP
Established Member
Replaced my MGW shifter handle today with the updated version. I chose the medium handle as it seemed the best fit for me.

Comparison of the two handles:
file_zpsd24730ab.jpg

Original Handle:
file_zpse8f8103e.jpg

Updated Handle:
file_zpse25bcbd4.jpg

A little bit longer throw, but is much more adjustable for position. A nice update for the MGW shifter.

Attachments

• file_zpsd24730ab.jpg
    file_zpsd24730ab.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 898
  • file_zpse8f8103e.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 0

SlowSVT

Established Member
The off-set looks about the same with the stick angled back somewhat. I don't see how this would be any improvement over the original.

What's needed in our car is an extension plate that moves the stick back 2-3" to improve the reach which is a bit of a stretch in this car. A 7/8 or 1" obround aluminum plate with a pinch hole at one end for the shift post and the threaded hole for the shifter handle would do nicely :coolman:

You should try a white plastic ball shift knob. It acts like a heim joint in your hand which makes for a smooth feel (the OEM handle is not all that great and can get awkward in your hand). The white is easy to keep in your peripheral vision and won't get as hot in the sun. For me no other shift handle comes close. Easy to see why most every race car is equipped with one.

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The off-set looks about the same with the stick angled back somewhat. I don't see how this would be any improvement over the original.

What's needed in our car is an extension plate that moves the stick back 2-3" to improve the reach which is a bit of a stretch in this car. A 7/8 or 1" obround aluminum plate with a pinch hole at one end for the shift post and the threaded hole for the shifter handle would do nicely :coolman:

You should try a white plastic ball shift knob. It acts like a heim joint in your hand which makes for a smooth feel (the OEM handle is not all that great and can get awkward in your hand). The white is easy to keep in your peripheral vision and won't get as hot in the sun. For me no other shift handle comes close. Easy to see why most every race car is equipped with one.

the picture is deceiving first of all. the block is offset back more and the height is higher for better reach...

BUT...keep in mind this is the standard handle which was designed to be closest to the original orange handle he has pictured so of course it should be not much different. if it is set at the lowest position it actually IS the same pretty much.

but we have 2 other handle options... one is the RACE which is very stubby and extreme like a pro5.0 handle.

and we have the oem comfort handle which comes back another inch so it gives more reach than even the oem.

George

ctgreddy

Established Member
I just ordered a new mgw just two days ago, should be here tomorrow. Cant wait to see how it does.

Users who are viewing this thread