Update on tires wanted

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
I run Nitto 555R 315 DR's @25 psi daily on the stock rims. Got about 6K miles on them which includes a trip from NC to Miami and back. Stick like glue in the dry, do reasonably well in rain unless it's real heavy (in NC, sometimes you get rain that leaves an inch of standing water), in which case, they are somewhat scary. You just end up having to slow down in heavy rain, no biggie. My wheelhop is pretty much non existant, and spin is pretty rare. On the stock eagles, I could spin to 80 MPH or so (444/439). So far, the tires still have lots of tread, and I have gotten about 20 track runs with burnouts since buying them.

Warp03Cobra

Community Racers
Established Member
My .02 cents.

I run the S03s and find them very sticky and extremely predictable in the dry (power slide/drifts are magnificent with the balance of hp to grip). I tend to avoid the wet if I can, so no comments there.

But the two fastest 03 Cobras at the Colorado Mustang Round Up were both on the Bridgestone S03s...there were some other 03s with more hp on different tires and some with less hp on stock tires, but the S03s ran at the top. In my opinion they increase the handling over the stock goodyears by a wide margin.

rmoreau

Established Member
Guru,
thats great to hear about the nittos holding up so well. I was worried they would wear to fast on the street....but 6k and still looking good aint bad!

Warp,
I like the S03's, I had them on a different car...those Cobra's you mentioned...were they using the stock 17x9 wheel?

Randy

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by rmoreau
Guru,
thats great to hear about the nittos holding up so well. I was worried they would wear to fast on the street....but 6k and still looking good aint bad!
Randy

Another take on the Nitto DR's. They lastest me just under 3K miles. I will not put any type of DR's on the daily rims again. :nonono:

SVT4J

This isn't the autobahn?
Established Member
Originally posted by racerat
Another take on the Nitto DR's. They lastest me just under 3K miles. I will not put any type of DR's on the daily rims again. :nonono:

Might want to take into account each person's driving habits ;-) DR's in a South Texas flood = :nonono:
Thanks to Bingo13-I'm going with Yokohama AVS Sports.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member

Ms Rat ;-)
If u didnt go so crazy with that KB or if u can just control that right foot of urs maybe it wouldnt be an issue.

Or maybe u should leave the boys alone for a while :D & stop kicking some behind. :beer:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Ms Rat ;-)
If u didnt go so crazy with that KB or if u can just control that right foot of urs maybe it wouldnt be an issue.

Or maybe u should leave the boys alone for a while :D & stop kicking some behind. :beer:

:lol:
Actually, I killed the Nittos with the Eaton. I think the conditions of our roads have a lot to do with excessive, premature wear on tires.

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
I'm currently running the Nitto 555 (275/40/17 on 9" rim) street tires. I had about 20 1/4 passes and burnouts and 12K miles of street use on the 315 DR's. I like the grip, low noise of this tire, no wet experience yet, and not many miles. I'll let you know after they've worn and been in the wet and at the track. Overall, I like them, and cheaper than the Eagle F1

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
:lol:
Actually, I killed the Nittos with the Eaton. I think the conditions of our roads have a lot to do with excessive, premature wear on tires.

:nono:

Come on girl....let the truth be know :D

Users who are viewing this thread