Unexpected visitors!

olympic

Established Member
I installed 4K surveillance cameras on my house and shop just before winter and thought I'd share a couple interesting things they've recorded so far:

Captured a 10 point buck whitetail in the back yard! The Doe and 2 babies having been coming around for weeks eating apples under my tree so I started putting some food out for them. This is the first time the big buck came around!

Caught a guy breaking into the pharmacy across the street from my shop. Captured a good 9 minutes of footage of him staking the place out and doing the B&E. A lot of the footage is from far away so you may not be able to see much viewing the video on a phone.

Last edited:

olympic

Established Member
So what cameras did you put up?

I went with a Reolink kit. IP POE 4K dome cameras with IR, 2TB NVR. The system has some really cool features such as being able to distinguish between people, cars or other motion, sending email or push notifications to my phone etc, but I haven't really had time to set it all up yet.

The only thing I don't like is that the domes have to be kept very clean or I get spots and glare on the image when the IR is on. I think they'd be more suitable for an indoor location. Should have went with turret style cams.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 46

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not all that surprised about 45 minutes response. Depending on the locale, long response times are becoming more of a norm in many areas, due to staff reductions and re-aligned priorities.

That's some really great video quality even with the low light. I'm happy with my Ring system (not Ring spotlight cameras; regular Ring cameras) overall, but the video quality is not as good as I expected.

Users who are viewing this thread