under the hood apperance mod...

lastexit99

Established Member
Thought I'd share a few pics of a little appearance mod I did.

2013-08-25001_zps3983e353.jpg

Standard starting point...see that coolant crossover pipe needs cleaned up...yikes
IMG_09721_zps0de7fba4.jpg

got the covers off, cleaned up & painted...
IMG_09731_zps25a71554.jpg

Got the lettering added...
IMG_09791_zps399f4dde.jpg

install...
IMG_09801_zps7a199e08.jpg

close up...can't really see the passenger side one so no pic.

I'm pretty happy with it, other than I wish the color more closely matched the sparkplug wires...both the paint I used and the spark plug wires are supposed to be "Ford Engine Blue"...opinions?

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
Looks nice, not too over the top. Are those stickers you used?

iveihman

97VMAN
Established Member
I have been wanting to do the same thing! did u have to take anything else out like the strut tower bar to get to those or not?

lastexit99

Established Member
I used stickers from a sign shop. I am watching them to see how they stand the heat, if they don't I am going to use a stencil and paint them on.

As far as things to remove...nothing other than the air inlet tube on the passenger side of the motor. Easiest way I found to do it was take the air filter out, take the mass air meter and housing away (without unhooking it) and pull it away from the rubber hose that covers the passenger side valve cover. Then remove the hose under the shock tower brace. It is a tight squeeze but is not hard at all.

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
Not bad, I always wanted to do something to make those plastic covers a little better looking - ended up doing COP swap so they are gone now...along with several other things

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
The plug wire cover mod isn't for me...........that's why I did the COP conversion.

The coolant crossover tube on the other hand, that's "easy".......I bought a spare and had it powdercoated gloss black, then installed it next time I changed out the coolant and thermostat.

16312914_large.jpg

lastexit99

Established Member
This winter when the car goes into the garage I'm going to fix that up. Probably do exactly what you talked about. I thought about painting the crossover tube blue to match the sparkplug wires and covers.

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
The plug wire cover mod isn't for me...........that's why I did the COP conversion.

The coolant crossover tube on the other hand, that's "easy".......I bought a spare and had it powdercoated gloss black, then installed it next time I changed out the coolant and thermostat.

16312914_large.jpg

That COP conversion looks awesome on n/a cars it cleans it up so well ( also egr and sai delete help I have not done them yet ).

If mine did not have the vortech it would look a little cleaner lol, thinking about painting it black if it comes out this winter

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
That COP conversion looks awesome on n/a cars it cleans it up so well ( also egr and sai delete help I have not done them yet ).

If mine did not have the vortech it would look a little cleaner lol, thinking about painting it black if it comes out this winter

I've got a second upper intake hat with the EGR port completely removed that I'm using for my new engine build. I still have to figure out something to do with the empty vacuum port that sticks out next to the IAC.

svtmando

Established Member
Not bad, I always wanted to do something to make those plastic covers a little better looking - ended up doing COP swap so they are gone now...along with several other things
whats a cop swap man ??? prolly sound stupid lol

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
whats a cop swap man ??? prolly sound stupid lol

The COP swap removes coil packs and plug wires and replaces them with the coil-on-plug setup of the 99 and later 4vs. It's done purely for aesthetics as they provide no performance benefit. In fact, because they are not designed to be fired everytime everytime stroke (batch fire) like the stock ignition system, they are actually an performance "de-mod."

Users who are viewing this thread